RE: SLOTMACHINE DOES NOT INSTALL PROPERLY ON JOOMLA 3.9

More
5 years 4 months ago - 4 years 1 month ago #42920 by Bamidele
Hi,

I have mentioned this earlier but got no meaningful action. I am having problems with the install of slotmachine. It goes through the install then gives this error (see attachment 1).

I had initially thought it was because of Gridbox by Balbooa but because even when it installed you somehow have access to the SlotMachine Options (see attachment 2). so I then configured it from there not caring about the main error (attachment 1) as I could still assign it to a page even though this was not a proper Joomla way of handling components.

Anyway, I recently upgraded to Joomla 3.9.1 and once again the slotmachine problem came back. I then installed a fresh install of Joomla with no Gridbox or anything els just raw Joomla and as you can see from the attachments the situation is the same. This is a FRESH install of joomla so this should not be happening and there are no other "extensions" to blame for this.

I would prefer to have this issue fixed as it is costing too much time to be fiddling trying to determine what is going wrong. When you click on the Component "SlotMachine" menu item attachment 3 is what you get as a result. THis is not how it should be you should get the Options for the component.

Thanks
Bamidele
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42924 by nordmograph
Hello,

Yes this menu item should open:
administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_slotmachine

Which is accessible from the global configuration page -> Slotmachine component.

One can live with it, but if you want it fixd you can download latest version. It should have the fix as it is present in my dev setup.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42925 by Bamidele
Hi Admin,

I went to my downloads section and re-downloaded the extension. However, when I installed it it still has the same problem and nothing changed. To make double sure, I then un-installed the component and also removed the Slot-machine table (as something was sticky in that when removing then trying to reinstall) in phpMyAdmin and when I then installed it the same problem again so nothing in the extension that I downloaded from my download page has changed as the extension is still giving the same error.

If you changed something in the extension it may not have worked or I am downloading the wrong download.
THanks
Bamidele

More
5 years 4 months ago #42926 by nordmograph
Can you check in the archive?
Open the slotmachine.xml file and check on line 52
if the link parameter shows as:
link="option=com_config&view=component&component=com_slotmachine"
If it does and does, you will have to uninstall the component and reinstall it to have the link fixed.
Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42927 by Bamidele
Hi Admin,

Just saw this now. This is what the file has in it. When free in a bit, I will un-install and reinstall to see if it works and feedback.

Thanks
Bamidele
===========
<administration>
<menu link="option=com_config&amp;view=component&amp;component=com_slotmachine" view="options" img="media/com_slotmachine/images/s_game.png" alt="Slotmachine/Options" >COM_SLOTMACHINE</menu>
<files folder="administrator">
<filename>access.xml</filename>
<filename>config.xml</filename>
<filename>controller.php</filename>
<filename>slotmachine.php</filename>
<folder>controllers</folder>
<folder>assets</folder>
<folder>helpers</folder>
<folder>install</folder>
<folder>models</folder>
<folder>sql</folder>
<folder>tables</folder>
<folder>views</folder>
</files>
<languages folder="languages/administrator">

More
5 years 4 months ago #42928 by Bamidele
Hi Admin,

It is NOT working. Also when I even use the "Slot Machine Options" that appears when you install the buttons "Save & CLose" and Cancel also are NOT working so you cant even close that window from there. The only way out is to use the Joomla top menu options and select an item from there such as Menus or Content etc.

Surely, when you test you see this the version of Joomla I am using is 3.9.1 though I don't think that is the issue as it is more code related.

Thanks
Bamidele
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds