map not showing up at user information

More
6 years 7 months ago #39693 by seppo
I installed the plugin, put the api-key from google, but the map is not showing up. All the other custom fields of user do work (the permissions are OK). I do not have Geocommunity or other plugins from you, just this one but I guess it should work independently.

The maps shows as textbox only, although it's type is gmap in backend.

Map shows up in the backend when editing user, although in there I need to press reload map -button first to get the map visible. Before that all other fields are there and also the area for the map, but the map itself is not showing up.

I also get this warning:
Notice: Undefined variable: default_country in /home/websivuj/public_html/mytestsite/plugins/fields/gmap/gmap.php on line 20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39694 by nordmograph
Hello,

I just updated the plugin to solve that warning about default_country.
In the backend: whenever the map loads hidden, in a tab, the API can't define the map width and displays gray blocks instead of the map. This is why you need to press the reset map button.

Can you try to set the field in an article or in a contact to see if the map is showing there or not ?
Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39729 by seppo
Thank you for update and information.

I hadn't tested the map yet with an article or contact, as I was needing it first at registering -page. Anyway, after testing it is showing up at article, so there it works nicely. However not at contacts page (where I added it to misc information), nor at the registration (as was my initial problem with it).

More
6 years 7 months ago #39731 by nordmograph
Hello,
Because of the structure of the com_user pages in Joomla
This field plugin will show a map in both front and edition views for articles (com_content) and com_contacts, but it can't show a map for the front user profile. User will only be able to use the map to edit location. Then using our Geommunity lite component you can show a map of every users eventualy with other geolocated content.

More info about the user profile field specicity (joomla issue)
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/13601
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/14382

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39732 by seppo
Hello,
I am not quite sure if I got you right. At your demosite the gmap-plugin was showing in user profile, available for edit after logging in. Do you mean that it was working there due to Geocommunity lite? So to get gmap-plugin to work in user profile view/editing of it, I need to have also geocommunity lite-extension?

More
6 years 7 months ago #39733 by nordmograph
No, edition map shows on profile edit, but it won't show on profile display.
Provide your pages URLs + credentials so I can have a look.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds