map not showing up at user information

More
6 years 7 months ago #39778 by seppo
OK, where I send them to you? I did not see private message option. Should I use confidential or hide text from Guests when replying? It's mere a testing site, so wouldn't matter that much, but always better to send the login details privately :)

FYI, if I create a new user from backend and set the map location, it shows latitude etc info as text when trying to edit that info at frontend (but still no map). If new user tries to register, the map is not shown either. Same if old user edits his details in frontend. Anyway you can have a look to see it, just tell where to send the super admin login details

Thanks already!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #39779 by nordmograph
You can use the confidential tags here or email at

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please add this conversation page url in your message

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40435 by seppo
Hi,

Sorry for not replying for a while, I was with busy with another projects for a while, and now got back to this one. Anyway, the problem is still the same. Please find the login details within this reply, I put them to confidential tags.

This message contains confidential information

More
6 years 4 months ago #40437 by nordmograph
Credentials don't work.
But any way you need to understand the custom field can render complex things like maps at edition and display only for com_content and con_contact.

When it comes to com_user, the display can only render field value. No map. So if this is what you experience, this is normal behavior. A known issue with com users regarding Joomla custom fields.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 4 months ago #40475 by seppo
There was probably some typo by my side for the login details, now they are working anyway (tested this time too :) )

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. That is what I was seeking, but I see that it is problem of current com_user way of dealing with custom fields. However, it seems to be working when at edit user details, at least at your demosite.
To clarify, this would mean that if added as one custom field to user, one can only edit it, and not use it when creating the account. If that\s true, is there a way to exclude it from profile creation form and show it only when editing?

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds