jVA 404 Error on Score Submission

More
6 years 11 months ago #38151 by Hayward
No. I am using FaLang though for multilingual management. Don't believe that is interfering with it though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #38164 by Hayward
When I try and submit a score from Frogger (menu item set), it 404s to this:
/games/arcade/frogger/game/newscore.php

When I try and submit a score from Space Invaders (no menu item set), it 404s to this:
/games/arcade/game/newscore.php

Changing line 91 of /views/game/tmpl/default.php to the full path (domain.net/newscore.php) has no effect
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Hayward.

More
6 years 11 months ago #38165 by pgkerr
You are having this issue due to your sef created url, you have arcade in the url. The jVArcade component creates a directory in your root called arcade for the use of games with a gamedata folder, mostly known as V32 games. Due to your menu item naming it is looking for games inside that arcade folder and of course they aren't there. Quick fix is to change the menu item name.

I will be re starting the development of the component in the near future now that jivtals has disappeared. I am currently in the process of start my own site solely for jvarcade.

Regards,
Pete

More
6 years 11 months ago #38168 by Hayward

pgkerr wrote: You are having this issue due to your sef created url, you have arcade in the url. The jVArcade component creates a directory in your root called arcade for the use of games with a gamedata folder, mostly known as V32 games. Due to your menu item naming it is looking for games inside that arcade folder and of course they aren't there. Quick fix is to change the menu item name.

I will be re starting the development of the component in the near future now that jivtals has disappeared. I am currently in the process of start my own site solely for jvarcade.

Regards,
Pete

Changing the menu item to a different name than "arcade" had no effect. It still gave a 404 error to here:

domain.net/games/blips-and-chitz/game/newscore.php

More
6 years 11 months ago #38206 by pgkerr
Did you download the arcade component from this website ? Or did you get it from the github? It appears that the jVArcade system plugin is either not installed or is not atcivated.

I have noticed that the complete package in not available from here only the component. Therefore if you have downloaded and installed from this site you do not have the required plugins. My advice at present is to have patience as I am working to fix other issues that currently prevent the component from functioning correctly under joomla 3.7 and with flashgamesdistribution.com closing down.

Regards

Pete

More
6 years 11 months ago #38208 by nordmograph
Hello pgkerr,

Thanks for your input and happy you're taking over the JVarcade component. I maybe have some interesting personal dev to share with you as I used to run a puarcade and jvarace site in the past with few UI improvements.

On our demo site at nordmograph.com/workshop/index.php?option=jvarcade, we run the component package that is available on here and scores are submitting correctly. So I'm affraid Hayward doesn't miss the systm plugin.
@Hayward. Can you check ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds