The voice has a troublesome accent

More
6 years 5 months ago #40000 by arvendal
Hello,

I bought your Text2Speech extension and it works in both Chrome and Opera on a Swedish website, but the female voice speaks Swedish with a terrible and troublesome American accent. I am not familar with these kind of accessibility tools provided by Google. Don't they have any native voices or what's the problem? I can hardly use this exetension with a voice like this. Any suggestion on what to do?

We have had visitors with vision impairments who have asked for some kind of accessibility on our website. I hoped your extension would be a solution. But the Swedish that comes out of this voice is almost incomprehensible.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #40001 by nordmograph
Hello

Can you post a page url so I can try and see why ?
Is the page language really set as sv-sv or such?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 5 months ago #40002 by arvendal
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, the code html lang="sv-se" is present.
In the meantime, I checked the tool in Firefox, and in this browser the reading halts in a sentence, which was not the case in Opera and Chrome, where all the highlighted text was read by the voice.
You may visit the website: update.clarte.nu but you must use this login user: testclarte pw: testclarte01 since it is a development site I want to keep from robots etc.
Best regards

More
6 years 5 months ago #40003 by nordmograph
Hi,

I just tryed, and although I'm not sure I could recognise a swedish accent, I'm pretty sure it read it with a french accent on your site. Note it's reading with a perfect fluent english here on Nordmograph.

I also checked the javascript is using the correct language BCP 47 tag: sv-SE

I have to double check, but that would mean the swedish language is not supported, it then fallsback on browser language if supported or on english.

Can you provide me with backend access so I can do more tests, and eventualy refund your purchase if I can't solve this.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 5 months ago #40004 by arvendal
Of course, but then I need you email or possibility to pm you, since I don't want to spread the Joomla CP login..
Best regards

More
6 years 5 months ago #40005 by nordmograph
Sure, email to contact@nordmograph.com

Also, I tested on Firefox and the plugin read the whole paragraph without stopping.
I can not reproduce this. The plugin is using a specific method to avoid these intermittent stops.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds