[solved] Can Not Read the Downloadable file folder 04-10-2018

More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 1 week ago #41244 by tazzarkin
For my VirtueMart Settings, I set it to a private folder on my server.

However, when I go into the Media File Settings and click the file (in my case, a PDF file), it automatically puts my domain name in front of it.

Please look at the attachments and you can see what I mean.

How can I get it to omit the domain name and only show the folders?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #41245 by nordmograph
Hello,
Does this happen in Downloadable component only? VM only ? or both?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #41259 by tazzarkin
In VM (front-end), it happens too. It basically says that it can't find the file.

Do you have any idea about how to fix this?
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #41260 by nordmograph
The message says 'Not Found' OR 'Download Expired'
If it can't find the file, this means your Safe folder path is wrong.
If your Safe folder path is correct, your user is not allowed to access the file.

Make sure your VM file system is set correctly before using it with Downloadable component.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #41263 by tazzarkin
It is not the wrong file path or access. Because in the VM configuration, it says the safe path is writable and accessible. It says everything is okay.

When I use other components (from other 3rd party programmers), I can access the file. But, with your Downloadable Component, I keep having the domain name pushed in front of the safe path...

For example... domain.com//var/www/clients/client3/web5...te/vmfiles/150-I.pdf

(Look at the 1st picture that I posted)

That's why it says it can't find the file.

Can you please help me fix this?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #41277 by nordmograph
Does it happen both on the product details page when attempting to download and in the MyDownloads page?
If you prefer you can provide me with backend access and preferably with something I should be able to download (even though it doesn't work) in MyDownloads page.

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds