OpenStreetMap plugin doesn't work properly

More
5 years 5 months ago #42630 by iorbita
Hello,
For your information I use EasyLayouts component to build my layouts, but anyway with or without Easylayouts the map is not displayed in front-end.

For "Locate me" button apparently it's because I'm not in https, but it's the minor problem.

I send you a screencast to illustrate the problem, it will be more clear for you.

This message contains confidential information

Thank you,

Lorenzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #42642 by iorbita
Hello,
... any news about this issue? Sorry but currently your plugin doesn't work and is strictly useless... :huh:

Thank you,

Lorenzo
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #42650 by nordmograph
Thank you for your video and sorry for the late reply. I'm currently on a trip.
After watching your vid it appears the map is showing. As you noted before, yes the "locate me" feature requires https and that user grants location coordinates access to the browser when asked.

Then you seem to have rather right understood the module purpose except it seems to me that you need to understand that the saved coordinates is not the map center, but where the location marker is set.

When you search for an address, and select it, the map will be centered to that location, but you still need to manually click the map to set the marker on the map.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by nordmograph.

More
5 years 5 months ago #42653 by iorbita
Hello,
I just swithched my test site in https protocol and indeed some features seem to work better, but others still work badly. These problems are situated exclusively in the the back-end:

- The "Reload map" button doesn’t work at all. Console gives me this error? Map container is already initialized, so? What is the purpose of this button?

- The same for ”Locate me" button? What is the purpose of this button? In my case the map is expanded anywhere.
- At the first opening of the map, just a portion of it is displayed, it seems that it has difficulties to load, I have to reload all the page to display the whole map ("Reload map" button does not work!)
- Dimensions of the map are not respected (I’ve chosed 70% width to display it in the backend and the map continues to display in width 100%). The same is for map height, dimensions are not respected.

Another thing: It would have been interesting if the marker was placed automatically when choosing the address instead of having to place it manually.

Thank you again,

Lorenzo
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssnobben

More
5 years 5 months ago #42664 by iorbita
Hello,
... any news about this issue?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

More
5 years 5 months ago #42671 by nordmograph
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply I was on a trip last week.
1. The reload button is to be used in case the map loads in a hidden tab, and then loads as grey blocks. This is an issue with Google maps and Openstreet maps. When the map loads hidden, a reset is required.
2. Locate me button will make your browser ask you to share location with the site. If it does nothing, it could be because you allready accepted or denied location sharing for this site.
It's supposed to center the map on your current location.
3. see #1
4. I'll check the dimensions , thanks for reporting this

For #1 I can have a look on your setup to see what is causing the issue.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds