Location support "required"?

More
8 years 9 months ago #28959 by silke
Dear Adrien,

When I use location support on VM Vendor, the add-a-product form is complaining when the location is not set by the vendor. - Possibly I overlooked something: How do I set it to be optional? I see no such entry in the VM custom fields configuration or the geolocator plugin params or the VM Vendor options.

Thanks ahead,
Silke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28962 by nordmograph
Yes that raquirement is hardcoded and not optional.
You can easily disable this editing
components/com_vmvendor/addproduct/tmpl/default.php
disable line 195 to 203
and equivalent condition in
components/com_vmvendor/editproduct/tmpl/default.php
If you want I can make it clean for next release.
?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silke

More
8 years 6 months ago #30335 by silke
Replied by silke on topic Location support "required"?
Dear Adrien,

Thank you!
Yes, implementing it to the component would be excellent - please make the option available for the next release.

(Sorry for the late reply; my topic subscription somehow did not result in a mail notification or I accidentally deleted two of them in July :-( .)

Best regards,
Silke

More
8 years 6 months ago #30339 by silke
PS: the files to edit were
components/com_vmvendor/views/addproduct/tmpl/default.php and
components/com_vmvendor/views/editproduct/tmpl/default.php
Code:
/* if($enable_vm2geolocator) { echo ' if( document.getElementById("latitude").value=="" || document.getElementById("longitude").value=="" ) { warning += " * '.JText::_('COM_VMVENDOR_VMVENADD_FORM_MISSINGCOORDS').' \n"; document.getElementById("latitude").style.backgroundColor = \'#ff9999\'; document.getElementById("longitude").style.backgroundColor = \'#ff9999\'; }'; } */

More
8 years 6 months ago #30341 by nordmograph
Ok , It's effectively included to next release.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silke

More
7 years 11 months ago #33279 by silke
Dear Adrien,

please review the "optional" setting for the plg_vmcustom_vm2geolocator requirement for add/edit product form view in com_vmvendor. (At present the respective release codelines seem to be unchanged in com_vmvendor 3.5.4.)

Best regards,
Silke

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds