Missing bcmath problem on IBAN entry

More
8 years 1 month ago #32326 by silke
Dear Adrien,

for VMVendor 3.5.1 I see a problem with the new IBAN feature when bcmath is missing (at an older PHP 5.4.20 test system):
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bcmod() in (...)/components/com_vmvendor/controllers/editprofile.php on line 634
which is refering to the following lines
Code:
if(bcmod($NewString, '97') == 1) { return TRUE; } else{ return FALSE; }
To resolve the potential error, you could e.g. include a conditioned function definition (following a suggestion on php.net/manual/de/function.bcmod.php by Andrius Baranauskas and Laurynas Butkus)
Code:
if (!function_exists('bcmod')) { function bcmod( $x, $y ) { // how many numbers to take at once? carefull not to exceed (int) $take = 5; $mod = ''; do { $a = (int)$mod.substr( $x, 0, $take ); $x = substr( $x, $take ); $mod = $a % $y; } while ( strlen($x) ); return (int)$mod; } }
(Please note: I did not re-check the bcmod function defined).

Best regards,
Silke
The following user(s) said Thank You: nordmograph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #32327 by nordmograph
Very nice SIlke, thank you for this investigation and workaround (impressive 12 y/o post :) ) but
according to this page you refer to php.net/manual/de/function.bcmod.php
bcmod is supposed to be supported since PHP4 so why doesn't your 5.4.20 dosn't have it ?
Any idea ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32329 by silke
Dear Adrien,
I agree, bcmath should be standard in most distributions and this is so far the only mashine with a lack of support for it.
It is the php5 / apache2-mod_php5 package on distribution with a two year old
Code:
openSUSE 13.1 (x86_64)
Best regards,
Silke
Edit: It is a separate package to install...:
Code:
# zypper install php5-bcmath # rcapache2 restart
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by silke. Reason: added the required apache restart / reload

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #32331 by silke
Dear Adrien,

a follow up issue:
To check the function after bcmath installation I recreated the old source code and went to the edit profile form again to remove the IBAN (in order to enter it in a second attempt again).
Though I read a success message on update, the following form call does show the IBAN still in place.

Please check your db update / delete routine for the IBAN.

Best regards,
Silke
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by silke.

More
8 years 1 month ago #32332 by nordmograph
Nice catch, this is fixed in 3.5.1b

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silke

More
8 years 1 month ago #32333 by silke
Yepp, I verified:
1) The IBAN can be removed now (VMVendor 3.5.1b).
2) The call to bcmod() does work after installing the php5-bcmath package and restarting apache (the condtional bcmath definition is not included in release 3.5.1b).

Best regards,
Silke

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds