Vendors Map Street View mouse Pan/Drag not working

More
5 years 11 months ago #41550 by andkit01
Hi,

For some reason Google Street View mouse pan/drag (in VMVendor - Vendors Map) is not working... I can do a discontinuous pan with keyboard arrows, but the mouse is not working... I also find the same issue on the demo site of Geommunity map street views:

www.nordmograph.com/workshop/index.php?o...le&id=23&Itemid=1321

Notes:
- I tried on Chrome, IE, Firefox browsers --- all have same issue
- The mouse drag works for normal top-view maps... but it is not working in Street View mode

Your advice and help is much appreciated... Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #41552 by nordmograph
Hi,

It appears to be the new default behavior. If you want to get the pan/drag feature enabled, add an API version number the API call URL

mod_vendorsmap.php
line 79:
$api_url= '//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key='.$js_apikey.'&v=3.30';

Just tested it working.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 11 months ago #41567 by andkit01
Tried adding the version number v=3.30, also tried v=3.31 on mod_vendorsmap.php, both did not work :(

Btw, can you advise what Google APIs do I need to enable?

I currently have 'Maps JavaScript API' and 'Places API for Web' enabled and have tried 'Street View API' and 'Maps Embed API'... From the description of 'Street View API', it seems that this is for a static non-interactive Street View, which is similar to what I'm getting... But I've also tried with 'Maps Embed API', and it still doesn't work... I can move around the StreetView using keyboard arrows, but the mouse pan/drag does not work...

Not sure if this is important... But with 'Street View API', the mouse cursor is an arrow pointer when placed in the middle of a street view... but with 'Maps Embed API', the mouse cursor becomes a "hand", only issue is clicking-and-dragging does not work to pan the street view panorama... please help

More
5 years 11 months ago #41568 by andkit01
Found what causes the issue, but no solution yet...

On StreetView, using Chrome Inspect - Event Listeners, if I remove the following objects, then the StreetView pan/drag works great:
- mousedown -> image_viewer.js (2 lines)
- mousemove -> image_viewer.js (2 lines)
- mouseout -> image_viewer.js (1 line)
- mouseup -> image_viewer.js (2 lines)

Note: all of these image_viewer.js lines are at the bottom of each section. The address for these links are:
maps.googleapis.com/maps-api-v3/api/js/31/8d/imagery_viewer.js

Any idea what's happening? Suggestion for solution?

Thanks much!

More
5 years 11 months ago #41570 by andkit01
Hi,

I did more digging... seems like it is related to the template that I'm using... if I switch to Protostar, the map module works fine... I'm in contact with the template developer to try to resolve this now... If you could spot any potential root cause issue by Inspecting the elements on the website andkit01.com, please let me know, appreciate it...

More
5 years 11 months ago #41571 by nordmograph
Hi,
The solution I provided is the one that works, if it doesn't, clean your cache and try again.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds