Tag choice when adding products ?

More
8 years 9 months ago #28958 by silke
Dear Adrien,

Once againg thank you for offering that great component.

To make the list of tags consistend I would like to offer a fixed list of tags for multi-choice to vendors in the add-product form.
What do you think? Can we make use of the Joomla Tags (a subcategory perhaps) for setting up the tag list ?

Best regards,
Silke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #28961 by nordmograph
Hi

Well this is not possible as it is. Not sure what would be best practice.
I guess the most suitable option would be an additional option in VMVendor config allowing to set a predifined list of tags.
How many would you set ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 6 months ago #30334 by silke
Dear Adrien,

please let me revive this thread: I would allow up to e.g. six tags from a choice of tagwords.

These tags may be taken from the Joomla Tags component, though I recognize that it is not specifically designed for that (and other users may wish to reserve these tags for content articles instead of products). In my case tags are identical for articles and products.

I also like your VM2Tags compontent, so I hope to get this integrated.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Silke

More
8 years 6 months ago #30338 by nordmograph
Hi

VM2Tags is allready integrated in VMVendor forms so adding a predifined list of tags would be faster than integrating the core tags component. But it's also possible. You deicide :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 6 months ago #30345 by silke
Hi Adrien,

Yes, VM2tags is the component to be in charge.
A "predefined list of tags" sounds like a hardcoded solution. I need my co-editors to access and adjust, translate or extend the list of tags. If that is granted, I strongly opt for it.

BR,
Silke

More
8 years 6 months ago #30346 by nordmograph
Well it could be an option and doesn't have to be hardcoded, it could also support language strings to be multilingual.

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds