Pagination for mod_vmvendor

More
8 years 8 months ago #29259 by pgarcia
Hello !

I would like to know if it would be possible to make pagination for mod_vmvendor. I have many vendors, and I am listing them all in a part of the website, but however, it would be great to include pagination instead of loading hundreds of results in a single page. If you are not willing to include this a a feature, how much would it cost as custom development ?

many thanks !

Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29262 by nordmograph
Hello Pedro,

Actually this would be a component page, rather than a module.
I know VM allready has this vendor list page have you tried it it ?
If it's not as in your dreams, explainhow you'd like it , I'll avaluate if it worhs doing VMVendor's own vendor list.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29269 by pgarcia
Replied by pgarcia on topic Pagination for mod_vmvendor
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. No, I did not know about components vendor list page. How do I get it ? In the menu possibilities I dont see it. Since which version does it exist ? I have 3.3.5.

Many thanks !
pedro

More
8 years 8 months ago #29271 by nordmograph
in Virtuemart component :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 8 months ago #29273 by pgarcia
Replied by pgarcia on topic Pagination for mod_vmvendor
Hi, thank you for your answer.

I have checked the virtuemart vendor list. It links to the virtuemart vendorpage, and not to vm_vendor vendor page that is the right one. Also it displays the store as a vendor, which is not my idea.

However, I had made a presentation of all vendors based in your module. You can see its current state here : lieuxperdus.com/index.php?option=com_con...cle&id=77&Itemid=693

So the question is : is it better to make pagination and evnetually other modifications to your module, or is it better to modify the virtuemart vendor lis in order to link to vm_vendor profile page, to dont show tha "main store" as vendor, and to make it beautiful.

If the answer is that the best is to continue to customize your module, how much would it be to include a pagination ? I would also like to include easy queries like alphatetic buttons to show only th vendors of the selected letter.

Please let me know, many thanks

pedro

More
8 years 8 months ago #29274 by nordmograph
I see.
Best would be to build this page as a new VMVendor component page to benefit from the core joomla pagination, custom search and sort fields. plus the VMendor nicer look and feel (bootstrap + fontello icons)

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds