Advanced VM vendor suite (to sell assets)

More
13 years 7 months ago #3736 by Tyisbuddha
Hello again,
Any word to have the following enhancements to the VM vendor suite.

Let me start off by stating I love the downloadable goods functionality already built.

But I was hoping to accomplish the following sometime soon.

IF user goes to a certain category (defined via back end) and adds an item to it, that the item(s) can represent a NON-downloadable asset (product, good, or service)

Effectively I wish to have 4 types of categories users can post objects into.

1st
Being the "Multimedia" category (downloadables, already facilitated via the current build)(it would be nice to have subcategories for this to break down searches later but not really required at the moment.

2nd
Being the "Products" category-(for non-downloadable products)
-Which would require a new form similar to the existing one,
except modified in the following ways.
remove the "file" upload field. & Keep the thumbnail/image upload field.
add a in "stock/quantity" field. (with a number only validator)
add a collection methodology field. (3 radio options with "Shipped Only", "Pick Up Only", or "Either OR"
add an IF to be "Picked Up" where from address field(s) (so the end buyer would know where they are expected to pick it up from)
The rest of the form should be relatively the same as the current one.

3rd
(Basically same things as the "Products" category form.)
Being a "Goods" category (for farmers and other types of goods producers to post into)
Once again keeping the existing form but with the following modifications
remove the "file" upload field. & Keep the thumbnail/image upload field.
add a in "stock/quantity" field. (with a number only validator)
add a collection methodology field. (3 radio options with "Shipped Only", "Pick Up Only", or "Either OR"
add an If to be "Picked Up" where from address field(s) (so the end buyer would know where they are expected to pick it up from)
Add a grown/produced from "Address" field(s)- required
Underlined is the difference between the "Products" category form and this "Goods" form.

4th
Being a "Service" category.
With the form being basically identical to the downloadables form, relabel the "Cost Field" to "Upfront Cost/Fee"
Remove the "file" upload field, (none of the new fields as described in 2nd or 3rd)
Add a new "Terms of Service" description field. (so users can define their legal stuff if applicable)
Add a new optional "Reoccurring Fee" cost field,
With a Interval Drop Down Field of "Monthly, Quartly, Semi-Annually, Annually)
With a "Force Auto Pay to Purchase?" Yes or No radio field options (default No)

During Check Out,
User is prompted to define to ship or pick up the asset(s),
& or prompted to agree to "Picking Up" the asset(s).
& Or Agreeing to "Auto Pay Reoccurring Fee(s).(which would be either be handled via paypal or AUP depending on what was used)

All of which will obviously depend on whats actually being purchased and would reward all the vendors being bought from, and deduct the commission even from the reoccurring fees

I know the 4th Category of Service(s) would probably be the hardest to accomplish and the others wouldn't be very easy either, but

But I'm willing to pay a decent amount of money to accomplish this, please give this a look and get back at me with a quote, so I can try to figure out how to make this happen.

Thanks for Reading and I know this seems like a heavy request but hopefully we can come to some sort of understanding and get this accomplished.

If you felt like calling me feel free to I live in the USA in Oregon, 541-580-4622

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3737 by Tyisbuddha
if Parts of this seem overly defined or confusing let me know so I can understand or clearify the statement.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4990 by nordmograph
Product has been updated to v1.7 and now has the option for the upload field to be used or not and mandatory or not. This can , in some cases allow users to add products other than downloadable products. Maybe you'll like it. You can download it from your nordmograph profile if you have some downloads left.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5376 by Tyisbuddha
AWESOME YOU ARE MY HERO.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5377 by nordmograph
lol
Remember, the true purpose of the suite is to sell downloadble goods, it's just not mandatory anymore. Also payment to vendors still only occure on file download...

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5378 by Tyisbuddha
I understand, this is still a very useful feature :)

Keep up the good work, and if you want any more feedback on feature changes then I'd be more than happy to.

also... since i've been tinkering around with this... I thought the following might be nice.

(I'm not sure what would be the best way to facilitate this but) .... effectively i would like to just hide the file upload field for certain VM Categories, while leaving it visible and mandatory for other VM Categories.
I thought maybe using two different plugin installations of this plugin and using the category exclusion parameter to avoid actually showing up on same categories, while also using the hide upload option on the appropriate plugin....
But obviously that would require refile naming of the plugin ... & ect reference changes to avoid potiential corrupt or conflicting data.

what ever the case maybe I would love to make this field visible or not depending on the VM Category it was being added to.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Tyisbuddha.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds