Donation message?

More
11 years 1 month ago #16949 by Janko
Donation message? was created by Janko
Hi,

please, how can I change the Donation message when user wants to cash out? Users think that they are donating money, but they are not! Are they?

Thanks
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #16950 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Donation message?
Hello

Changing the language string for this module is very easy, it is the same method for every Joomla extension.
Locate the language file in
languages/en-GB/en-GB.mod_userpoints2paypal.ini
Search for the string you want to modify.

Hope it helps
Btw I see you also purchased VMVendor which comes with vendorpoints2paypal module.
If you use VMVendor, it is recommended to use vendorpoints2paypal.

But userpoints2paypal would work fine too.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 1 month ago #16952 by Janko
Replied by Janko on topic Donation message?
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
I actually didn't realized that I already have the module in the vendor component ;)
I have bought this module for different project.
Anyway...

So, if I understand well, there is not donation at all, it's only language file!? What also confused me the link in default.php www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/?cmd=_ donations&...

Thanks
J.

More
11 years 1 month ago #16953 by Janko
Ok,

after further testing I found where the problem is coming from...
I wanted to copy the message to the user, which I disabled because they see the payment link and are confused!

The questions are:

When I pay to user the Paypal Button says DONATE $1.00 USD NOW
(but I'm not donating! How this can be changed to Pay For Services or something similar?)

Also, after user request money they still see the original amount - there should be massage saying "locked in procession etc"
So for example:
User has 8800 points
He wants to cash out 5000 points for $5, so he press the Paypal button... after the page is refreshed there is right now still 8800points - again, user is confused and keep requesting the money, there should new points count saying something like 3800 points and 5000 points locked in procession / for approval etc...

Thanks
Regards

More
11 years 1 month ago #16956 by Janko

nordmograph wrote: Hello

Changing the language string for this module is very easy, it is the same method for every Joomla extension.
Locate the language file in
languages/en-GB/en-GB.mod_userpoints2paypal.ini
Search for the string you want to modify.

Hope it helps
Btw I see you also purchased VMVendor which comes with vendorpoints2paypal module.
If you use VMVendor, it is recommended to use vendorpoints2paypal.

But userpoints2paypal would work fine too.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear here is what I really need to change...
I'm not donating, I'm paying for the services, so I have to avoid the "donation" in all paypal stuff as for example:
A payment confirmation email saying:
Receipt for your donation to ccc@ccc.com
Dear my name, This email confirms that you have donated $5.00 USD
Recipient information/ Donations coordinator: Name Name
etc

Thanks

More
11 years 1 month ago #16957 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Donation message?

Also, after user request money they still see the original amount - there should be massage saying "locked in procession etc"
So for example:
User has 8800 points
He wants to cash out 5000 points for $5, so he press the Paypal button... after the page is refreshed there is right now still 8800points - again, user is confused and keep requesting the money, there should new points count saying something like 3800 points and 5000 points locked in procession / for approval etc...

This is probably because you have not installed the AUP rule for points deduction.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds