[solved] The email does not arrive

More
5 years 6 months ago #42569 by shih
Replied by shih on topic The email does not arrive
I registered another free email :protonmail and have the request emails send to there.

It's true! I start to get the request email right after 2paypal request is made. The problem seems with my gmail. Though it can be solved with other email address, but I still hope to figure out why my 2paypal doesn't work with gmail.

I got the emails from the same site, but different extensions without any problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #42571 by nordmograph
can you test with my gmail?
adroussel@gmail.com

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42576 by shih
Thanks, I had the request email send to you Gmail, the details is as below:

Tuesday, 16 October 2018 09:21 UserPoints2Paypal -1.00 - Paypal payment request to mark789 for (USD) 1.00
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by shih.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #42583 by shih
Hello, I think I have figured out the problem. I am sharing it in case anyone may have the same problem in the future.

In short, I bought a host service in Godaddy, and get my Joomla installed with their auto installation tool, which makes the email address of Site Admin look like this: "devnull@installatron.com". All the emails sending from the site are from this address.

However, this address is different from the "Custom Email Address" which I put in "Send Request to" in 2paypal. My gmail just can't get the request email. Don't know why.

However, after I changed "devnull@installatron.com" to a Gmail address which is the same what I put in the 2paypal, I got the request email right away, though with a warning of security.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by shih.

More
5 years 6 months ago #42584 by nordmograph
Well done for finding out and thanks for sharing your findings :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds