[fixed] Geomunity causing errors with javascript

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #12370 by Revolutionary Technology
GEOMUNITY for jomsocial is causing theses errors,
it breaks our login module
by MrT on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:27 am
you're getting JS errors on the page...

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error]

...tstart?"selectstart":"mousedown")+".ui-disableSelection",function(a){a.preventDe...

jquery....min.js (line 9)

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
[Break On This Error]

jQuery.noConflict();

Looks like a JS clash - disable other modules/plugins on that page until you find the culprit causing the clash.

Regards, Mark.

can you do this?
we paid for all this software from you guys and its not working, and now we have to pay to get it fixed. and the free support guys are more help?
:sick:

The problem seems to be caused by the 3rd-party "Geommunity" module you have called "Get on the Grid!". When I disable this module the login module starts working again. Digging in a little further it seems that this module is outputting some invalid <form> code that is causing other forms on the page (such as the login form) to not function.

Just to make this clear this is not a RocketTheme error, its'an error in a 3rd party module you have installed on top of a RocketTheme template. You should contact the author of this Geommunity module for further assistance if you wish to continue to use it.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12372 by jeanmariefavre
Hi,
it seems that I've the same problem. I've just bought geomunity for jomsocial. When it is published for instance on the frontpage, I cannot click on jomsocial login button. When the module is disable then this work.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12377 by nordmograph
Hello

The javascript code you menton in the error you get is not from Geommunity code
So Geommunity might not be involved in your Javascript conflict

However, depending on the options you had selected, a closing form tag could be missing and could prevent other form based modules such as a login module to work.

We just fixed the issue. Please, redownload the Suite and reinstall the module and let me know.

If it doesn't fix it , please post a url so we can investigate more.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 8 months ago #12382 by jeanmariefavre
Bonjour,
I've upload/installed the new version from this morning and for me the problem is solved ;-)
In fact, I suspected a javascript error as well because the "login" button is not a link like the other, hence I posted this message here. But I didn't found any error in the console.
In any case, yes, this was the form issue. Now fixed. Excellent!

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds