auto location in profile when login

More
9 years 11 months ago #22618 by diganu
I have Jomsocial 3.1.1 and Joomla 3.2.3
and i have geocommunity for JS an geocoder plugin

i want that it takes automatically the location and store it in Profile like Austria - Vienna
what name should i give the Fields and how to setup?

thnks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #22620 by nordmograph
Hello

There is no field to setup.
The Geocoder for Jomsocial is a geocoder, not a 'Reverse Geocoder' . I t finds the user coordinates when logging in and stores it into the the exisiting latitude and longitude fields in Jomsocial database.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 11 months ago #22625 by diganu
and how can i use teh latitude and longitude, to use it in the Profile as

FIELD_CITY
FIELD_COUNTRY
FIELD_ZIP

Thank U

More
9 years 11 months ago #22626 by nordmograph
You need a reverse geocoder:

GEOCODER:
get address, city country -> find latitude & longitude

REVERSE GEOCODER (not included in the plugin)
get Latitude & Longitude -> find address city & country

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 11 months ago #22627 by diganu
aaah okay ;)

can you recommend me one?

THX

More
9 years 11 months ago #22628 by nordmograph
I don't know any, but I don't understand.
Where do your users get their latitude and longitude from?
Usually in Jomsocial, they get it from their users address being geocoded.

So it would make no sense to have:
User Address - > Geocoder -> Latitude & Longitude -> reverse geocoder -> Address
??

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds