Automatically on map?`

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #3744 by
Replied by on topic Re: Automatically on map?`
nordmograph wrote:

Jomsocial only geocodes a user when address is filled in and when saving changes.

OK, but that is done during the registration process:
The user must fill out ZIP, CITY, COUNTRY (mandatory) during registration. This info is saved in the user´s profile.

If you want the whole community to be geocoded in one click then you need our Batch geocoder admin module.

I assume the Batch geocoder is not working automativally, instead, must be triggered manually?

There is no bug, as you said you are not using the geommunity locator for Jomsocial.

Is for the automatic geocoding the Geommunity Locator for Jomsocial-plugin mandatory? I think this plugin is only necessary, if you want to show a map in the user´s profile, where the user can set his location by himself.
I want that the geocoding happens automatically during registration. I dont have a problem to pay some addtl. bucks for the locator, as long as the automatic feature will be realized through that, but I doubt that this plugin will bring me to this solution.

Thx
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3746 by nordmograph
The batch geocoder parses in onclick all your commuity users coordinates from their address fields, it's not automatic, but it does it for everybody.

Yes, the geommuity locator will not help you doing automatic geocoding, it shows a location map with friends and options to set your position via browser, Google latitude or manually.

:)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 7 months ago #3752 by
nordmograph wrote:

The batch geocoder parses in onclick all your commuity users coordinates from their address fields, it's not automatic, but it does it for everybody.
:)

Are you planning to integrate automatic geocoding for JomSocial users upon registration / or an automated batch job plugin, which does it every for example 24h or 60min, etc. in the near future?

Would be a great feature!! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #5188 by
Sorry, I read the full forum and expecially your post, but Im still not sure if is posible to automatically update the position of the users in the map after registration (introduce country, city and street) or is necesary for the user to set up their position on the map, or go to their profile and save (without change anything at all)?

Some way to do it this process automatic after registration of the new user, or put the location in the map as a obligatory field)?

Best regards and thank you for your help in advance.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds