URL file-access is disabled in the server configur

• Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #4246 by
I am also getting this error for the CB plugin.

I will not enable PHP-allow_url_fopen or PHP-allow_url_include on my site due to secirty concerns and did not realize that it would be required when I purchased this addition for my site.

So my question is, can the code be re-written to either use the ini_set PHP function to set a condition to temporarily allow url_fopen and url_include only for the geocommunity features that require it? Either that, or could it be recoded to use the CURL curl_init function to temporarily allow url_fopen and url_include only for the geocommunity features that require it?

I do not want to globally allow PHP-allow_url_fopen or PHP-allow_url_include for obvious security reasons.

So if neither of the two code rewrites mentioned above can be done soon, is there a way to disable the Google Lattitude alltogether?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4249 by nordmograph
Hello
First remove the google latitude user parameter from the plugins/community/googlelatitude/config.xml file.

The in geommunitylocator.php
Comment out these lines:
195 to 215

It should be ok
Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds