[SOLVED] Closest Places 500 Error

More
11 years 1 week ago #17475 by nordmograph
Interesting.
Can you check your livesite setting in your configuration.php

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #17480 by baparks
Replied by baparks on topic Closest Places 500 Error
Livesite was/is blank.
I deleted the alias. uninstalled the module, reinstalled the module, added back the alias and it seems to be working!
I do have one more question regarding this module.
If you look at it, there is a listing that has no address:
Scratch street food (6,022.32 miles) <--
Submitted by DineOut Indy
Category: Food Trucks

Is there a way to localize the module so if no address is there it defaults to a specified log/lat?

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #17481 by baparks
In another post I found the answer to the last question:
"Is there a way to localize the module so if no address is there it defaults to a specified log/lat?"
It states that I should edit the plugin php file at lines 474 and 475.
However, those lines don't correspond to my php file as I have that on 2 different places, to close together to guess.
Lines 469 & 470:
Code:
$lat = '0'; $lng = '0';

and lines 477 & 478:
Code:
$lat = $params->get('lat','0'); $lng = $params->get('lng','0');

Changing neither of them worked.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by baparks.

More
11 years 1 week ago #17484 by nordmograph
Sorry I'm lost.

You're in the Community Builder plugin for Geommunity section, you're mentioning mixing module and plugin in your post.
I'm affraid you're mixing things up.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 1 week ago #17485 by baparks
That's entirely PROBABLE. hehe!
I'm referring to the the Closest places module and I probably read something that (I thought) made sense...

So I'll explain to clarify.(and to redeem myself)

If I don't put in an address on a profile in cb for (lets say) a Food Truck... (as I have done)
the closest places module shows my distance from it at over 6,000 miles.
Where/how/which files do I modify to have that 6,000+ miles actually calculate from a closer, default position, say like the center of the city?

More
11 years 1 week ago #17488 by nordmograph
Hmm, actually
The closest places module calculates the distance between Sobipro entry and the visitor's browser.
I guess CB is not involved.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds