Address fields for EasySocial

More
9 years 6 months ago #24606 by norske
I used to run the batch coder with Jomsocial. Worked great. On my small server coding 100 users took a few minutes.

I recently migrated to EasySocial. I upgraded to the latest Batch geocoder too. I set the module settings to use EasySocial, and also set the Address field in the module settings to 404, which is the field id of the custom profile field I use to collect addresses. I also have custom profile fields for city, state, and zip, but the instructions say to JUST fill in the address field id for Easy Social.

When I run the plugin from the backend control panel for 100 users and even have the "replace existing values" option set, it only takes 1-2 seconds to complete. I don't think it is working.

What is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24609 by nordmograph
Please provide screen shots of the result page.

In EasySocial an adress field is composed of:
-address 1 & 2
-city
-zip
-state
-country
-latitude
-longitude

All this, is one address field , this is the reason you only need one ID.
Default ES address field is 12. You can use more adress fields and Geocode more adresses chaging that addressfield ID.

If you use custom address and store your own addresses without using ES adressfield, but using text input for countries, this would require custom development.
Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24611 by norske
Where is this "standard" address field you are talking about. I haven't seen this in the latest EasySocial. I don't see it in the
Attachments:

More
9 years 6 months ago #24612 by nordmograph
it is the default EasySocial Addressfield.
FInd it in Easysocial profile types, custom fields tab.

Easysocial batch Geocoder needs adresses to be stored in these ES ddressfield to be able to process and find latitude and longitude for these.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24622 by norske
I have no standard address field in my custom fields tab. The profile I use has three steps; Basic Information, Appearance, About. The About step is where I have all my custom fields. The other two tabs are standard,but have no address info. This was EXACTLY how it was setup in Jomsocial. And when I migrated to EasySocial the profile type converted over perfectly using EasySocial's migration tool.

I'll email you some pics.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24627 by nordmograph
Here is a screenshot:
ES Admin > Profile types > Default >Custom Fields tab
These are the new Core Address fields (since ES1.3)

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds