Address fields for EasySocial

More
9 years 7 months ago #24641 by nordmograph
Well Not sure I was clear,

What could be done:

You add a new empty (ES default )Address field to your user profile (Jomsocial default) and write down its ID,
then also write down each of the useless addressfield IDs you got after migration
from for address, city, zip, state and country.

Then a little php script could forward the useless address field data to the core ES address field. Then we can run the batch geocoder on that adress field and get coordinates.

What do you think ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24642 by norske
And again

More
9 years 7 months ago #24643 by nordmograph
Oh and I can see you need to upgrade to ES1.3 and make sure you ran the latest maintenance scripts from ES backend.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 7 months ago #24644 by norske
OK, I give up on trying to attach another pic. It just isn't letting me.

No I don't want to move the address data other fields. That would break other front-end member reports I have setup.

I don't understand why Geommunity can't support custom fields in ES just like it did in Jomsocial?

More
9 years 7 months ago #24645 by nordmograph
Because ES and Jomsocial are really different, actually EasySocial is different from CB or Jomsocial when it coem to core adress fields

One core ES adress field contains address1 address2, city zip, state, country latitude and longitude.
This is by far the recommended way to go for EasySocial location management.

You should migrate your fields, to that one, that would not remove your old date.

But you choose :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #24646 by nordmograph
Also to attach pics, select files from your computer, then click somewhere on the text area where you want the pic to show and click INSERT button

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds