What about the Api Key?

More
7 years 10 months ago #33433 by vlester
Hello,
I've installed the plugin but it doesn't work. Firebug gives me two warnings :
"Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys"
"Google Maps API warning: InvalidKey"

I generated a api Key in Google developers, I tried a Server Api Key and a Browser Api Key, none of them worked.
On your documentation page, there is nothing about the google Api key paramater like it didn't exist.
Is an API key required or not to make the lugin work?
If it is, what type of Api should I use, server or browser?

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33434 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic What about the Api Key?
Hello

API key is not required for the plugin to work.
It's only required if your site generates high volume queries.
An API key is required for the Geolocation: Google Maps Geocoding API or Google Maps Geolocation API
An other one for the map display if you use it: Google Maps JavaScript API

Hope it helps

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33437 by vlester
Replied by vlester on topic What about the Api Key?
Thanks, so if the Google api is not required, it's not the source of my problem.

I don't know why the plugin don't set the latitude and longitude. I checked the names of the cb fields and it matches the ones I gave to the plugin. I set to read only the Geolocator plugin.

I enabled the debug mode but it doesn't show anything. is the debug mode supposed to work backend or frontend?
If the plugin was working, it should filled the fields "latitude" and "longitude" in the "Geommunity Locator" tab when I update a user, is that correct?

Thanks for your help

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #33439 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic What about the Api Key?
Make sure you don't mix Geocoder and Geolocator.
Disable or uninstall the Geolocator as both can conflict if not set correctly.
Both set coordinates in the cb_geolat and cb_geolng columns of the #__comporfiler database table.

Enabling the debug mode should show something like this in the front end (at least)

Google: OK street_address 10 Rue Camille Desmoulins, 59290 Wasquehal, France 10 10 street_number Rue Camille Desmoulins Rue Camille Desmoulins route Wasquehal Wasquehal locality political Nord Nord administrative_area_level_2 political Nord-Pas-de-Calais Picardie Nord-Pas-de-Calais Picardie administrative_area_level_1 political France FR country political 59290 59290 postal_code 50.6862364 3.1388212 ROOFTOP 50.6848874 3.1374722 50.6875854 3.1401702 ChIJG_16Bg8pw0cRMSNCS89tVv8 : Google URL
With a link to the google url result
maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml...hal%2C59290%2CFrance

Summerizing , received address and processed geocoding and coordinates (50.6862364 , 3.1388212)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds