Installation xml file missing

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago #2996 by
I am receiving this message while trying to install this plugin. Is there an update to the setup or does this plugin require the legacy mode to be on?

Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2997 by nordmograph
Hello
This is a Community Builder plugin :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3002 by
Replied by on topic Re: Installation xml file missing
yes, sorry. I installed it through BC now.
I'm having some trouble getting it to display the map now. I guess I'm not understanding exactly how to display it. Is it supposed to display on the front page as your demo is?

Never mind... I see that your doing the same thing that CB is. Giving away a part of a system but in order to use it your making the user buy the other half.

You had me there for awhile. I should have read a little further into the description.

my bad.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by .

More
13 years 9 months ago #3003 by nordmograph
Hmm yes, actually you are right, but you have an alternative.
The plugin you installed adds user location to the CB latitude and longitude fields.

To display it you need the simple j1.5 geommunity module from the geommunity suite, but you have a free alternative with the google map multipage component. It can show users located with this geocoder plugin.

Minus are: it's not j1.5 native (requires legacy plugin) and is more complicated

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds