In desperate need of help...

More
10 years 2 months ago #20794 by theduckworth
Hi...

Im running a new 3.2 Joomla server, first time admin here and I desperately need to install the Soundcloud content plugin for use in articles. Can someone please point me to what I need to do for the install. From what I read the software is documented within itself so that part should be fine... I just can't get the install going.

Many thanks from cold, cold NYC,

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20801 by nordmograph
Hi

It installs simply using the regular Joomla installer.

PLease provide details on what you don't understand.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20808 by theduckworth
I think I botched up the install process somehow.... this is my first extension installation. I downloaded and attempted to install but got a message that some installer instruction file was missing. Where did I go wrong?

Many thanks,

Mike

More
10 years 2 months ago #20811 by theduckworth
Hi,

I got the extension installed and selected the 3rd modus operandi from the pull down menu on the configuration pages.

I tried using my sound cloud generated url as follows:

[soundcloud url="
" params="auto_play=false&show_artwork=true&color=ff7700" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Needless to say... it did not work... Where am I making my mistake?

Many thanks...

More
10 years 2 months ago #20812 by nordmograph
Hello

You must not use the params attribute you added.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20816 by theduckworth
ok... this is the code after your suggestion... it still does not work. Question... has anyone else other than the developer had any success with this plugin. I was about to suggest one of their retail products to someone but im apprehensive based on this one. No documentation is strange... it would probably save folks a lot of time if it existed.

[soundcloud url="api.soundcloud.com/tracks/127431803" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

This didnt work either... can someone help?

An increasingly frustrated new user...

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds