Sobi Pro Entries Not Showing in JOMSocial

More
5 years 3 months ago #42903 by nordmograph
Hey
I just checked. Your settings seem correct. But I could not find entries in the 2nd and 3rd section, belonging to that Bill Saunders user.
Did I miss anything ?
3rd section seems to be empty of any entry.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42904 by cyberhorse
Sorry, there were entries but then I reloaded the data since I put in the original support request. There are entries for Bill Saunders now. Still not showing in the Jomsocial profile.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #42939 by cyberhorse
Not getting a lot of response here.

I'm trying to debug the plugin myself. What I've come up with is that the _getentries function seems to have a defective sql query which returns a null result.

The generated sql is in the attachment.

The problem seems to be in getentries where it tests

$q .= " JOIN #__sobipro_field_data AS tf

ON tf.sid = so_entry.id AND tf.fid = '".$title_field."' AND tf.approved='1' ";

Problem is that $title_field is always set to 1.

That should give you something to go on.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by cyberhorse.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42943 by cyberhorse
I finally solved it myself. No help from the developer.

The problem is with the code line above. It needs to be changed so that $title_field is replaced with $sobipro_fields[0] and tf.approved is replaced with tf.enabled.

$sobipro_fields[0] is the first field defined for each section and becomes the linked title for the display of each entry.

I can't believe that this plugin has been sold in this condition. It was never going to work as advertised. It's taken me two whole days to sort out. Unacceptable lack of support for a problem posted three weeks ago.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42948 by nordmograph
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, here. Actually , Sobipro must have made some changes to the fields structure on a recent version. The plugin was working fine before as it is and still is on my SP version. I truly apologize for the lack of response, although I started to debug on your site, it was going to take longer then expected. Sorry for this.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 3 months ago #42951 by cyberhorse
Apology accepted.

It was quite interesting debugging your code as overall the design was very logical and I learned something. I found one other error which was preventing the correct processing of multiple sections.

This is just after foreach($sections as $section).

You need to do $sobipro_fields = explode(',' , $sobipro_fields_params); just after that foreach because otherwise the field set for each section is not passed through properly.

I can't remember what it was originally but I think there may be a problem with which loop jj++ is incremented.

I've attached my hacked code and you should be able to sort out an update.

While you are looking at fixing it you might look at the title for Jomsocial tab. I had to change the plugin name in Joomla extensions table to what I wanted ... ugly.

Bill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds