[fixed] JS 2.6.1 problem

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #10662 by thegrindlab
Replied by thegrindlab on topic Re: JS 2.6.1 problem
The delete works fine for me (in JS 2.6.1). Can you check to see if you can delete ANY activity from your wall? I found that some of the javascript compression plugins (if you're using one) caused issues with deleting wall activity.

On another note, I have found that the player popup loads at the very top of the page for my site too. First, I'll try another site template to ensure it's not a problem caused by that. If that doesn't resolve it, I'll start looking at the code that controls the popup.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by thegrindlab. Reason: corrected typo
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10663 by
Replied by on topic Re: JS 2.6.1 problem
The delete works fine on any posts I make. Delete only fails for the sound cloud posts made by a NON admin. Any sound cloud posts made by an ORDINARY user cannot be deleted by that ordinary user. I noticed that I ADMIN or SUPER user made the post, he can delete it.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10665 by thegrindlab
Ah! You are correct. I had previously only been logged in as an admin. I just tried with a 'registered' account and got the same results as you. Activity did not delete and popup shows at top of page.

I also just tested with a Youtube video. I found that the video pops up in the correct location but I still cannot delete the file from my profile. I'll revert back to my original files to see if this issue occurred with JS 2.6.1's own files and report back.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by thegrindlab.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #10666 by thegrindlab
I'm not sure about with your site but with mine I found even with the original Jomsocial files a regular member cannot delete ANY profile activity. Looks like the bug is back and it's an issue with Jomsocial itself. For now, I'll just try to comment out the "delete" button considering the "hide" button does the job just fine. However, the popup location issue is still be present for Soundcloud streams.

Here is how you remove the "delete" button (but still show the functional "hide" button):

In file: /components/com_community/templates/[YOUR TEMPLATE HERE]/activities.index.php

Find around Lines 86 and 280:
Code:
<?php if($isSuperAdmin || ($my->id == $act->actor)): ?>

Add just before those:
Code:
<!-- wall activity delete button commented out

Then after the very next instances of:
Code:
<?php endif; ?>

Add:
Code:
-->
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by thegrindlab.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #10669 by
Replied by on topic Re: JS 2.6.1 problem
Hi,

Mine works fine. Even as a normal user for 2.6.1 I could delete all types of posts. The only thing I can't delete are posts made for sound cloud.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10674 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Re: JS 2.6.1 problem
Hello

The hack doesn't concern activity stream at all. So soundcloud announcements should be the same as for any other video.

Do you get same problem with other video activities?
Do you have applyed the hack to the latest files or did you replace the whole file with the provided file ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds