My Latest Soundcloud Tracks Plugin is not working

More
11 years 6 months ago #12852 by bloos.katt
Hello
:( today i started to set up my personal profile on my site and i could add some applications but when i tried to add MY LAST SOUNDCLOUD TRACK PLUGIN , it didnt work or even show up ,, i tried to change the username and i even tried that name you suggested on your app beside the username you also suggested here on the forum ,,but nothing worked out or even showed up and here's exactly the link i am trying to work on it thetalentedsociety.com/TarekBenzerfa/ ,,i did check the plugin and its on ,,i tried it as Core & no Core state just to see if it does work , otherwise i tried n tested as much as i know of possibilities , i tried it on FIREFOX, OPERA,GOOGLE CHROME :( but nothing worked out ,,and my username from soundcloud

please any help ,,,thanks
www.thetalentedsociety.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #12853 by nordmograph
Hello

This plugin needs to connect to Soundcloud server if your server prevents distant files insertion, the plugin won't work. Can you check your server php.ini for allow_url_fopen
Also it uses simplexml, what is your php version?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12854 by bloos.katt
Replied by bloos.katt on topic Solved
hello thanks for the quick reply & sorry for my delay in replying :) ,,, well you can consider this post as solved thanks to my excellent hosting provider support,,,they fixed the problem in less than half hour << was a lil problem causing the plugin to not display music << ,,thanks a lot and i hope u expand working on Music plugins by adding Reverbnation & youtube channel plugins and modules for soundcloud,reverbnation,youtube ,,that'd be great and i am sure you can do it according to where i've seen n experienced during using 3 of your apps :) ;) ,,much luv & respect n thanks a lot .
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by bloos.katt.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #16612 by
not necessarily allow_url_fopen = on

my hosting: Plugin remade through curl.
Replace the line in the file: ----/verno.ru/plugins/community/latestsoundcloud/latestsoundcloud.php
$result = simplexml_load_file($url);

by

$result = simplexml_load_string(file_get_contents_curl($url));

where the function: file_get_contents_curl documented at the top:

function file_get_contents_curl($url) {
$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); //Set curl to return the data instead of printing it to the browser.
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);

$data = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

return $data;
}

and its work
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
10 years 7 months ago #18831 by tcuellar
I tried to follow your instructions, that is - to replace a piece of the code in /plugins/community/latestsoundcloud/latestsoundcloud.php

however I don't have that directory.. I thought I downloaded the latest version, but now I'm not so sure..

the directory that IS there is /plugins/content/loadsoundcloud/loadsoundcloud.php

however when i perform the above mentioned edit, i get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/89/9072689/html/new/plugins/content/loadsoundcloud/loadsoundcloud.php on line 67

Again - your help is much appreciated!

More
10 years 7 months ago #18833 by nordmograph
Hello

The code in here is for a Jomsocial plugin a different plugin but would work for the content plugin too.
it's meant to be an alternative for hosts without allow_url_fopen

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds