[solved] string username is failing validation

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #20333 by tokenring
Hey guys! ;-)

I have installed the 1.0 version of cb_soundcloud which is a CB plugin. it installs properly and when the user attempts to put in the "username" while editing the profile, the following error is displayed.

Please enter a valid username. No spaces, at least 2 characters and must not contain the following characters: < > \ " ' &#37; ; ( ) &

The username that we are entering is: funkyhousebeats
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #20334 by tokenring
My ENVIRONMENT:

PHP Built On Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Mon Aug 5 20:05:43 CEST 2013 i686 GNU/Linux
Database Version 5.1.72-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.4.21
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable [ Ember ] 06-November-2013 22:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.48 Safari/537.36

More
10 years 4 months ago #20336 by nordmograph
Hello

I guess your error comes from somewhere else.
I just tryed the plugin with your username and its working with no issue as you can see at:
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...e&user=63&Itemid=268

That javascript alert doesn't seem to be relative to the Soundcloud plugin , but more to CB.
Hope it helps.
Doesn't it still show if the plugin is disabled ? Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
10 years 4 months ago #20337 by tokenring
Hey Boss!

I'll see what I can test/figure out too. What do you mean by this so I can answer you correctly?

"Doesn't it still show if the plugin is disabled ? Let me know"

Aaron

More
10 years 4 months ago #20340 by nordmograph
I meant:
When disabling the Soundcloud CB plugin , does the username error notice still show when saving your CB profile edition page ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tokenring

More
10 years 4 months ago #20342 by tokenring
Thanks Nordmograph!

When I disable the plugin and the tab and edit the profile and click "save", the same error is presented. Let me see if I can figure this out.

Thanks for your good testing ideas. I should have thought of that, but I never saw that error before and this is the only new plugin.

Aaron

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds