[fixed] not showing pic from intro text in articl

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #31253 by compuniac
Hi,
I got it to work in vm.
I set it to also provide fb share in articles.
I have an article with a pic in intro text, 'read more' and then more text and a pic.
When I share I would have expected the intro pic to show but instead the pic from the 'read more' section shows.

Here is what FB debug says:

Object at URL ' b-stick.dk/index.php/artists/6-hellhammer ' of type 'product' is invalid because a required property 'og:image:url' of type 'url' was not provided.
Warning
Errors That Must Be Fixed
Object Missing a Required Value Object at URL ' b-stick.dk/index.php/artists/6-hellhammer ' of type 'product' is invalid because a required property 'og:image:url' of type 'url' was not provided.

What should I do to get this to work?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31255 by nordmograph
Hi,

I just updated the plugin to improve article support, but there is now way to set the image preciely because , if in VM the product image is clearly defined in the DB. There is no way to set one in an article. The only way is to understand how FB chooses one when the og:image is not defined. Usually it takes the first one that fits the required dimensions.

The new version , removes the og:thumb if it's not defined.
You can now set a different og:type for products and articles and the position of an article is automatically set to top if the setting is on 'Add to cart' position.

It doesn't provide a way to select what image, but should improve integration.
Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31256 by nordmograph
Also forgot to mention, the intro text seem to be empty (og:decription) on your page can you check ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #31257 by compuniac
Hmm - this renders the plugin unuseable for me - and I would assume other. Intro pic and read more is general use of joomla.

I do not pretend to understand how this integration works - but you are passing something to FB - why can't you just pass the intro image if exist?

b-stick.dk/index.php/artists
(site under dev)

The 'hellhammer' has intropic, intro description (although we do not want it), body text and body image.
Does not work.

We have hundreds of artists that we represent with the same picture as on this link. (the 'read more' currently has a css prob but it is under the pic to the left. We do not want any descrption - just the picture and that is the picture that need to be posted on FB.

Since you can select VM or Article in the plugin what do you if you want both?

More
8 years 2 months ago #31258 by nordmograph
Hmm
I updated the plugin again so it gets the src from the image in the intro text.
It's working at
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...&catid=69&Itemid=288
og:img gets the image correctly

Give it a try and let me know.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #31260 by compuniac
Nope -still doesn't work. Now it includes the intro text but still not the right pic.
Which is weird because the scrape shows og:image as the right pic.

og:image was not defined, could not be downloaded or was not big enough. Please define a chosen image using the og:image metatag, and use an image that's at least 200x200px and is accessible from Facebook. Image ' b-stick.dk/images/artists/hh5.jpg ' will be used instead. Consult developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/webmasters/crawler for more troubleshooting tips.

The pic is big enough!
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by compuniac.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds