Help making the Pinterest button appear

More
7 years 10 months ago #33277 by juanboti
Hello,

I recently purchased the VM2 Share plugin but I haven't been able to make it appear on the product pages of Virtuemart. I was able to make it appear on normal Joomla Articles.

I have tried with all 3 button positions - Add to cart, top description and below description.

Right now its set to Add to Cart position.

You can see a sample product page here:
sandyfeetartisansoaps.com/index.php/prod...ical-paradise-detail

I switched the Product page to a Standard Joomla template to see if it appeared but it didn't work either.

I read in the samples that if I wanted it as a cart position then I would need to add a <div class="spacer-buy-area"> </div>

And I did on /public_html/templates/mytemplate/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default_template.php but it didn't work.

I'm using Joomla! 3.5.1 and VirtueMart 3.0.14

The current Pinterest button that you see there is a hardcoded Pinterest button that I added earlier. This has nothing to do with the plugin.

Am I missing something.

Thanks for your help.

-Juan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #33292 by nordmograph
Hola Juan,

Yes, you're missing the basic setting:
- go to Virtuemart configuration and enable the 5th option (Shop tab):
'Enable Joomla plugins' checkbox.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juanboti

More
7 years 10 months ago #33326 by juanboti
Thanks - I missed that configuration.

Any tips for pages where it doesn't work as expected?

Example:

Pin description is garbled
sandyfeetartisansoaps.com/index.php/prod...h/white-tea-1-detail

"Sandy%20Feet%20body%20wash%20is%20formulated%20to%20gently%20clean%20your%20skin%20without%20striping%20your%20body%20of%20its%20natural%20skin%20barrier.%20Gentle%20and%20nourishing.%20Delicate,%20sweet%20yet%20herbal.%20Beautiful%20fragrance,%20with%20notes%20of%20bergamot,%20lavender,%20mandarin,%20thyme,%20ylang%20ylang%20and%20a%20touch%20of%20jasmine.Ingredients:%20Saponified%20oils%20of%20sunflower,%20castor%20and%20coconut.%20100%%20pure%20vegetable%20glycerin,%20fragrance,%20preserv...

Here it works as expected:
sandyfeetartisansoaps.com/index.php/prod...ories/cepillo-detail

Here it doesn't grabs the image
sandyfeetartisansoaps.com/index.php/products/organic-lip-balm

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #33328 by nordmograph
Hello

The broken image is because of a white space in the image file name:
sandyfeetartisansoaps.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/Lip balm.jpg
Pinterest doesn't like it.

Not sure for the %20 title. can you try to shorten the description of the product to 2 or 3 words ? (just for testing purpose)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds