Article intro image not being picked up to share in facebook

More
4 years 11 months ago #43345 by conteudosglobais
Hi,

I´ve just acquired this extension and I´m using it to share my articles, but for some reason its not picking up the article intro image to share and all our articles use the intro image.

Can you please tell me how to fix this?

You can see an example on the following link: www.rederegional.com/economia/25356-agro...e-a-economia-digital

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #43347 by nordmograph
developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/shar...e-a-economia-digital

It appears the page as the og:image set twice on the page.
one has an invalid value, the site url, the other one has
rederegional.com/images/banners/ws/wshopping.jpg

But , when you have solved this, you will need to edit the plugin.
FOr now it looks for an image in the intro text, but you're probably right that it should better get it from the intro image

try this:
Open the plugins/content/vm2share/vm2share.php file
Look for:
$thumb = $src;
change it to
//$thumb = $src;
also comment out the 2 previous lines if you want

Then below it add:
Code:
$img_json = json_decode($row->images); $thumb = $img_json->{'image_intro'};

It should do the job. Give it atry and let me know. I'll probably add this to the core.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
4 years 11 months ago #43349 by conteudosglobais
Hi,

I´ve made the changes and now on the facebook debugger I can see that the image intro is being detected correctly, but it still shows 2 images because one of them is the default image.
I think that it should only send the default image if no image was detected right?

Also, I´ve noticed that the first line of text is being send instead of the page metadescription, is this correct or can we change it?

Thank you

More
4 years 11 months ago #43350 by nordmograph
Well our plugin will only generate 1 og:image tag. If you have more than one this means another extension is generating it.

Yes as it is the description is the first sentence of the article. Joomla is not generating the meta description dynamically based on article.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
4 years 11 months ago #43355 by conteudosglobais
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I´ve manage to find the plugin that was causing the problem, removed it and now I only have one image being loaded on the debugger.

But regarding the meta description if we look at the page code the meta description is being loaded but for some reason your plugin doesnt detect it, can you please take a look and tell me why this is happening?

You can look at this link for example: rederegional.com/sociedades/25426-empres...-em-acidente-de-moto

Thank you

More
4 years 11 months ago #43356 by nordmograph
Well as I said before, the plugin is not using the meta description. It uses the article first sentences as og:description.

By default Joomla is not generating the metadescription dynamicaly from articles...

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds