Show a different location than the added

More
11 years 6 months ago #13693 by MarinaDoc
Hi!! I´ve added from the front-end a product that I´ve given it a location "x" but on having registered the product there remains reflected a previous location that I put in another product. Though if I´m going to " edit product " there appears the location that is the correct one. :S

Thanks in advance!!!

Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.12f
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13694 by MarinaDoc
Ahhh!! Another thing that forgot me!! How can I do in order that the map is placed below the description?
. In the configuration I´ve selected the position "onbot"; probably also because only I know 3 positions: ontop, normal and onbot

Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.12f
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago #13701 by nordmograph
Well if you look at the productdetails view in Virtuemart
components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl/default.php

you'll find
Code:
if (!empty($this->product->customfieldsSorted['ontop'])) { $this->position = 'ontop'; echo $this->loadTemplate('customfields'); }

this is how custom fields are loaded.
So it is your duty to edit the view as a template file to set the onbot custom field poition where you like on the VM productdetails view page.

You can then set as many customfield positions as you like and they will show where you set them in the page.
Also after having edited the file it is recommended you copy paste it to your joomla template
in
templates/mytemplatefolder/html/com_virtuemart/productdetails/default.php
as a template override, this file will be loaded instead of the virtuemart one

so you can then update virtuemart without loosing your edits.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarinaDoc

More
11 years 5 months ago #13830 by MarinaDoc
Hi!

Ok, I have been reviewing the template to put it in other positions. Thank you!
Anyway, I've found that I still have the problem that reflects another location on the map. I introduce a location and in the front-end I reflected another (one that I had gotten before, but in the back-end is all right).

Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.12f
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #13863 by nordmograph
Hello MarinaDoc

First thank you for those nice reviews ono JED! It helps a lot!

For this issue here, I'm still confused on how to reproduce it.
For what I see , you have a different location for the front end than the one set in the back end.

So, where is this front end location from?
- Other product (added before/after? product_id? )?
- Second location for same product (a product can have more than one location if set from the backend)
- Previous location for same product?
- Other?

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarinaDoc

More
11 years 5 months ago #13880 by MarinaDoc
Hi!

You don´t have to give thanks for the reviews!! ;) the truth is that you do a good job and have a great support.It's true! :woohoo:

I´ve set the web this evening in a live server. How I can spend the link and access codes for private, for you can take a look?. I'm still with the web offline because there are many tweaks to make, but if I have it in a live server, is that it is easier to test for you.

Many thanks for everything. :cheer:

Regards, Marina.

Joomla! 2.5.7
VM 2.0.12f

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds