page refresh changes marker location

More
6 years 10 months ago #38758 by silke
Dear Adrien,
I see a strange behaviour with the vm2geolocator plugin: upon refresh the marker / map location moves to a totally different place (seems to be related to a different data set).

I am using VM 3.2.3 and plg_vm2geolocator 1.4.5 (updated from 1.4.2 today, but that didn't change the behaviour).

Can you reproduce the behaviour? Any idea to fix it?

Kind regards,
Silke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #38763 by silke
PS: It might be a GMAP / JavaScript issue and module conflict. Looks like I have the same marker position when almost no other modules are present. I am still trying to figure out which other module might set coordinates (none does display a map).

[Update, 22:11] Yes, the 'product location' JavaScript block is inserted three times with the "marker moving" menu item being active and only once with the "pure" (menu item less) product detail view. - I still cannot reproduce, why this is the case. I am going to have a deeper look into why I have two different layouts for product details at all (which should be only one plus aliases).

[Update, 22:44] I managed to remove one "disabled" copy of the product details (now it is only two copies of the product location being inserted in JavaScript ?! ), but I still see different layouts in the frontend - with or without the top menu item surrounding it. - I need to investigate the menu id issue deeper I guess. (I wonder why I need the detail menu item at all.)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by silke.

More
6 years 10 months ago #38764 by nordmograph
H
Keep me posted. Posting a url would also help.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 10 months ago #38768 by silke
Dear Adrian,

I figured that the additional positions correspond to the locations of the "featured products" that are displayed on the same page (iff there are locations with these). - That does make sense as the number of additional location objects does match the number of featured products that have a location property.
(I am using the standard VM Products module)

Does that ring a bell with you? - I did not dig into your code, but I might be that the product object used to generate the location map is thus present more than once (when the featured products are created) and thus should be filtered.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Silke

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #38776 by nordmograph
Hello

Did you check that disabling the featured products module solves the issue ?
This is weird, as the plugin gets the product ID directly from the field so it should not get confused like that.
Do you mind emailing me backend access and leting me do some tests on the product page (setting the plugin as SPECIAL access) so tests keep hidden to visitors.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by nordmograph.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #38780 by silke
Dear Adrien,

yes, disabling the featured module does heal the behaviour. Also setting it to special (no problem) or guest (problem persists) access has a similar effect on the presence of the issue. I also notice that featured products that do not have a location property do not list in the gmap objects.

I guess that a possible solution will be to just add the relevant product ID to the JS location marker objekt to display.(?)

I will be traveling for the next 8 days to see some customers. - If you cannot reproduce the issue on your setup, please let me know and I may be able to set up a separate demo after my return.

Kind regards,
Silke
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by silke.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds