Langitude and Longtitude doesn't update

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #9823 by
Hey Nordmograph,

I've just bought and installed your geolocator on Joomla 1.7.5 Stable and VM 2.0.0 stable.
Now everything seemed to work in order, but if I want to add a location to a product (by using the searchfields right below the google maps) it works because I find my location, but it doesnt update the longitude and langitude field.

So when I save, it doesn't save anything and the fields are still on '0'. If i fill in the longitude and langtitude via firebug (editing the value in the code) then it works just fine.

Maybe you can make a fix ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9843 by nordmograph
Hello

Sounds like a javascript issue/conflict.
What is the javascript error you get in the firebug console?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9849 by nordmograph
Ok I just tryed and well actually the search will just locate the map, you still need to click the exact place on the map to have the latitude and longitude field filled in. and it will save correctly. Just tested. :)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9854 by
You are correct :)

Okay, but the thing is i'm not an everyday user so maybe you should also catch an event when a search result(maps) is clicked? Or just a nice explanation above google maps on how to add a location properly?

Maybe the next user will have the same experience and will ask (or see my tread of course). Anyway you did deliver an out of the box working plugin so cheers and keep up the good work!

Greetings Gilbèrt
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by .

More
12 years 1 month ago #9855 by nordmograph
Good I'll take this in consideration.
Do you have the map showing on the product details page?

More
12 years 1 month ago #9858 by nordmograph
Ok I actually found a bug with this plugin and VM2.0.2 so I updated the plugin with
- vm202 bugfix
- New modern marker icon set
- Your request to have coordiantes set directly from search.

Download it from your profile and let me know if working as expected.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds