Topic-icon VM2Sellscount modification

• calavaro
  • calavaro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Feb 2014 14:42 #21449 by calavaro
VM2Sellscount modification was created by calavaro
I have purchased the VM2Sellscount plugin.
And as discussed via email, I am posting my customization request here at the forums (I hope its the right sub forum)

The final output I need is the following.

20% of the original price + the extra donation amount the customer chooses to enter (if any).

Example: Product price is US$ 30. 20% of the purchase price goes to the donation amount. Then there is a box where the customer can enter any amount. Example US$ 10. The final donation amount is thus 30*0.2+10 = US$ 16.

Example 2: Product price is US$ 30. 20% of the purchase price goes to the donation amount. Then there is a box where the customer can enter any amount. Example US$ 0. The final donation amount is thus 30*0.2+0 = US$ 6.

The percentage donation of 20% will never change. The extra voluntary donation can be anything from 0 to 100000.

The output should read: "Donated so far: US$ <amount>. Thank you!"
The placement of the message should be just below the "Add to Cart" button (above the short description)

Please see the live product here: http://www.combatskin.com/shop/charity-donation/samurai-in-combat-detail

Thanks again for being so flexible. It's very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2014 14:51 #21450 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic VM2Sellscount modification
Hi
Well actually I misunderstood your request.
If I get it right, now, you want the amount displayed in my plugin to be updated realtime when customers enters the donation amount right?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• calavaro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Feb 2014 15:09 #21452 by calavaro
Replied by calavaro on topic VM2Sellscount modification
Hi,

I want the donation amount to update with 20% of the price (US$ 30 * 0.2 = US$ 6), plus whatever amount the customer enters into the "Donation box" (eg. US$10). The total amount from both should be added up and displayed, which is US$ 16 in this example,
The amount should then automatically update with each confirmed purchase.

All the best,

Calavaro

More
13 Feb 2014 15:15 #21454 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic VM2Sellscount modification
Oh and you mean that should udate the product price amount ?
If so I'll have to refund your purchase as it is not possible with such a content plugin.
A VMcustom pluginis required with the cart variant to be able to influe on product price.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

• calavaro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Feb 2014 16:05 #21455 by calavaro
No, not update the product price.

The output.

I will make a mockup in photoshop now and show you what I mean.

• calavaro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
13 Feb 2014 16:22 #21462 by calavaro
Does this make more sense?