[solved] Alpha Install

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #26213 by marceff
I regret to ask you about installation procedure as I did not aware about different selection when I purchased AlphaUserPoints and BuyPoints. Now I am facing your read me first text file where it is written to "...go to the Alpha User Points Rules page" as in joomla back end. I then assume the Alpha plugin is to be installed first, is it correct?
Then I see two xml files into the folder, should I upload them somewhere (as into Alpha plugin folder - before to start config)?
I also understand to install BuyPoints after having installed AlphaPoints, to have it get right values. Is there any reason why to unzip first BuyPoints plgin before to install it (as is written in the folder name)?
I'd appreciate if you can give help to solve this issue. Thank you and regards Marcello
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26215 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Alpha Install
Hello

Do you have AlphaUserPoints component installed?

(from alphaplug.com)

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26217 by marceff
Replied by marceff on topic Alpha Install
No, should I?

More
9 years 4 months ago #26219 by nordmograph
Yes both extensions you just bought are based on 2 free components: AlphaUserPoints and Virtuemart.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 4 months ago #26221 by marceff
Replied by marceff on topic Alpha Install
I did install VM 3 (on Joomla 3) and I have purchased the AlphaUserPoints plugin which I didn't install due to the above problems. Then a component Alpha User Points is downloadable for free in your site, is it correct?
Once I install the component then should I upload (in FTP) the xml file somewhere? (If yes, where?)

More
9 years 4 months ago #26224 by nordmograph
Let me calrify this for you with a simple step by step

0. Install Joomla and Virtuemart

1. Download and Install AUP component
www.alphaplug.com/index.php/downloads.html?func=fileinfo&id=54
This is the point system manager, I really recommend you understand how it works, especially about its 'rules' concept before you go any further

2a. Install the plg_vmpayment plugin you purchased from Nordmograph and add the relative rules to AUP rules thanks to the AUP rule installer inside AUP rules manager.

2b. Install the VM2buypoints plugin.
Create a Virtuemart category to store your Points packages and create some points package products for a set price.
In the plugin settings you'll have to fill in the points package VM category ID so it knows when a product is purchased from that category , it has to be changed into points for the customer and added to his points amount.
Also fill the points/currency ration so that when a product is purchased from that category for a certain amount, script knows how many points have to be added to the customer account.

Feel free to ask anything if you need more help, but make sure you understant how Virtuemart and AlphaUserpoints component basically work as they are the 2 cores of the application.

Hope this helps,

Let me know

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds