Search Custom Tags using VM Search Module

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 10 months ago #11326 by
HI, is there a way to use VM Search module instead Joomla Search module to list CUSTOM TAGS? i installed the plugin because we need to list products containing the tags. Using VM search module it isnt working, you can search for a tag and doesnt work. Now if you use JOOMLA SEARCH MODULE it works ok, it list all products with the tag we need, but the problem is that we need the product list as a grid with product image just like the VM Search module works and not a list of products just like articles. IT´S is possible to make this plugin work with VM SEARCH? Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #11332 by nordmograph
Hello

You should use the account used for purchase to ask for support.
Anyway we will look into what you ask for and hopefully add the feature in a next update.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 7 months ago #12842 by iRescue.gr

obiwancho wrote: HI, is there a way to use VM Search module instead Joomla Search module to list CUSTOM TAGS? i installed the plugin because we need to list products containing the tags. Using VM search module it isnt working, you can search for a tag and doesnt work. Now if you use JOOMLA SEARCH MODULE it works ok, it list all products with the tag we need, but the problem is that we need the product list as a grid with product image just like the VM Search module works and not a list of products just like articles. IT´S is possible to make this plugin work with VM SEARCH? Thanks in advance!

Dear Sir,
I have recently purchased VM2Tags! I would love it if you could implement the solution mentioned above. It would be much much better, since just displaying titles with no pictures, is pretty much useless in an eshop.
Looking forward to that change.
Regards,
George Angelopoulos

More
11 years 6 months ago #13072 by nordmograph
Hello

Here it is. It was not possible to make this to use Virtuemart search, because it would require to hack virtuemart component. Se we added a dedicated component to the VM2tags suite. Results are now displayed paginated in a more user friendly way, showing products thumbnail, name , short description, category and tags. just like:
www.nordmograph.com/index.php?option=com...virtuemart&Itemid=58

You can redownload the archive if you want to give it a try.
Please let me know what you think.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds