[solved] Weird image handling of tag view

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #37925 by baggeler
In my tag view, a lot of images do apear as if they are broken, although the image is present and shows perfectly if e.g. opening the same prodcuct in category or in product detail page, what could be the cause and how to fiex?

See one example on screen shots attached
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37960 by baggeler
Strange is that it only happens in tag viw, all other views are fine so I guess it must be some specific custom syntax used in tag view.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37961 by nordmograph
Is it the same issue when using the masonry layout in component options ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37963 by nordmograph
Well I found out that
Some of your product pics have thumbnails, some don't

Your VM thmbnails size setting are 90x90 but some thumbs have 180x180 suffix.
Set the VM setting accordingly (180 instead of 90) or rebuild your thumbs as 90px

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37967 by baggeler
Is it possible to just have tag view using the same source of imbage like Virtuemart uses (in product details and category view)??

Thumbnails - in my view - should not be used as source for the plain images as they are very low resolution and quality. And if user needs to click on each and every item just to see a good image that will turn users off...

How can I change source of image to be the same source as VM uses for category view?

More
6 years 11 months ago #37968 by nordmograph
Well they are different component and have different view files. But you can edit the vm2tags productlist view tmpl default.php and set it as a template override in your template folder to make it look and feel like the VM browse view.

Let me repeat:
To solve your 'some thumbnails missing' issue set your VM thmbnail size to 180 instead of 90 in VM config.
Let me know

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds