[solved] Weird image handling of tag view

More
6 years 11 months ago #37973 by baggeler
Well did so exactly as you instructed (in fact the thumbnail definitions in Virtuemart already were 180x180 there was nothing to change there) and refreshed thumbnails in VM. However, now its worse, now Tag view is not showing ANY images any more...

This is really weird as images are working everywhere and only tag view is not using the correct (original) image source. How can I change this?
Thumbnails are for internal VM use to show a preview of dozens of product images to choose from, at least this is my understanding of the term and of the original intention.

Anyway, for me most important is to have some solution, check yourself, only view which is not working is the tag view, hope you can help switch the source in order to be consistent and show correct images so they show up.

Feel free to refresh the thumbs again or change the config if you need to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37974 by nordmograph
Hi

Actualy thumbnails are used in the front end
For instance
staging2.orgonite-brasil.com/index.php?o...mart_category_id=108
these thumbs are not the original pics
staging2.orgonite-brasil.com/images/stor...rana_web_180x180.jpg

See the path has the "resize" folder and the dimensions 180x180 at the end of the file name.

But VM is only building thumnails if they don't exist , when browsing the browse view. (category view)
SO in your case you need to visit all your categories for the thumbs to be regenrated.

I visited some categories and you can see this fixed once for all the thumbs not showing there
staging2.orgonite-brasil.com/index.php?o...dividual&Itemid=1303

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 11 months ago #37981 by baggeler
Wow, thats really strange, I guess I would never figure this out myself because its not what I would expect...

Great, at least now I got solution to fix, thats the most important.

Just out of curiosity, if the button restore thumbs is not doing exactly this, what is it doing?
Well, I know this is OT but if you could explain I guess this would help a lot of others in same situation because the image handling of VM is really a challenge to unerstand.

Anyway a big THANK YOU for your active help and clarfications!

More
6 years 11 months ago #37983 by nordmograph
Actually , the button restore does restore the current thumb.
But there is also another option in VM that does genrate the thumb is absent on page loading.

You're welcome !

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds