Tags not saving to product

More
6 years 5 days ago #41087 by 394st
Hi folks,
I'm running a freshly installed Joomla and virtuemart with template that was bundled with your extension.
To get my content from another Virtuemart installation into this installation I dropped all VM tables and imported the ones from my old site.
It seems you're extension was able to re-create the deleted jos_virtuemart_product_custom_plg_vm2tags table...
However, something somewhere is still broken/misconfigured - can you suggest what that could be and how to rectify?
FYI, I've looked at the database tables and understand how I will need to substitute my own vm_product and custom id's.
Many thanks, Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 days ago #41088 by nordmograph
Hello
What is your VM2tags version? It's not listed in your purchases.
Tags are supposed to be stored in the VM products metakeywords field.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
6 years 5 days ago #41089 by 394st
Replied by 394st on topic Tags not saving to product
Hi Adrien,
Went digging for this in some user documentation.

com_vm2tags1.2.8, mod_vm2tags_cloud1.4, plg_vmcustom_vm2tags1.2

Interestingly the author of my template/joomla bundle creator states "IMPORTANT! DO NOT UPDATE these extensions because significant changes have been done. After update most of them will be lost".

Looks like I'm running an old version that's been modified. Might have to talk with the template dev for support... :-).

More
6 years 5 days ago #41090 by nordmograph
I highly recommend you update to OUR version as it is maintained and supported.
Not sure how much yours has been modified, but our version also has a migration process for older versions to current schema...

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds