How to use VM custom fields as my tag content

More
5 years 4 months ago #42695 by kiwav
Hello,
I just freshly installed the latest VM2Tag v.1.8.9 on Joomla 3.7.5 & VM 3.2.6, and find it use the product meta keyword as the tag.

However, I need to use customfield to set specific keywords as my tags.
I have read the sticky topic "VM2Tags 1.8 news: VMCustom fields OR Metakey mode", but I can't find the "plg_vmcustom_vm2tags" to enable.

Could you help me to solve this issue?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42699 by nordmograph
Hello,

VM2tags can not be used with custom fields anymore.
It's exclusively working with metakey field.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42700 by kiwav
:ohmy:
May I have the older version or what can I do to make it use with custom fields?

The sticky topic on this forum makes me think that the two modes still available to the lastest, so I think 'Yes! this is what I need' before purchase.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #42713 by kiwav
Hello,

I notice that you delete the article " VM2Tags 1.8 news: VMCustom fields OR Metakey mode " after my last post.
May I know the solution to the issue I mentioned?

Thank you for your support.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by kiwav. Reason: add the link of that article

More
5 years 4 months ago #42714 by nordmograph
Yes I deleted it because as you mentioned it was not relevant anymore.

The solution is to use the metakey field to set your tags.

As you can see on the product description at
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...egory_id=3&Itemid=58

No vmcustom field is mentioned or listed in the included extensions details. As the now deleted post date was rather old, you should have asked before your purchase if this was a crucial point.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
5 years 4 months ago #42716 by kiwav
Hello,
1. This extension doesn't have detail documentation nor demo(backend), only a very limited description.
2. The only place that mentioned 'meta keyword' were under '2-plg_contentvm2tags' --which the whole section using Extra Small text. In the meantime, the description can be understood as that's Optional by enable/disable that plugin.
3. I have experience with VM2Tag before (in a template I bought) and it was using custom fields as tags. It is reasonable that I can't aware that I have to ask if it can use custom fields as tags.
4. When there's a sticky on top topic claiming VM2Tags 1.8 can use VMcustom field OR metakey mode, while the latest version is 1.8.9, not 1.9, not 2.0. It's reasonable that I think there's no major change been made, not to mention take out one major feature of it.

I'm asking for the older version of this extension when the custom fields still is an option, working for Joomla3.7.5 and VM3.2.6.
I think this is reasonable and may not bother you too much?
Of course, if you prefer a refund, I can take it, too.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds