Multilanguage support

More
4 years 6 months ago #43880 by pixed
Multilanguage support was created by pixed
Hello, i'm using vm2tags succesfully since a couple of years, now i have a problem: i need my site to be multilanguage.
I'm using falang for the whole website and virtuemart native system for multilanguage. Tha problem is that even if i translate the metakeys (which are used as tags) in frontend i still get the original language tags, the translated ones are not considered (while the whole website and virtuemart informations are correctly translated). How can i manage multilanguage with this component?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #43883 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Multilanguage support
Hello,

So do you mean in the front end your tags show as COM_BLABLA instead of the translated value ?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #43885 by pixed
Replied by pixed on topic Multilanguage support
Hi and thank you for your answer. I'll try to be more specific:

- my main site language is italian and the website is built natively in italian
This message contains confidential information

- all my products are in italian and have italian meta keywords/tags

screen: www.pixed.it/att/metadati_ita.JPG

- if i change virtuemart language i can translate the product

- i also translate the metakeys: www.pixed.it/att/meta-eng.JPG

but in frontend i get only the "italian" metatags, not the new, translated ones...
Thank you
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by pixed.

More
4 years 6 months ago #43893 by pixed
Hello and sorry to bother you again, any news about the multilanguage support? Am I doing somethig wrong about multilanguage setup?

More
4 years 5 months ago #43896 by nordmograph
Replied by nordmograph on topic Multilanguage support
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.
You must not use language strings as metakeywords for VM products.
It may work within VM but will not be usable in VM2Tags for this obvious reason:

Products list by tags are filtered by a query that looks for products metakeywords in the VM table. But it can't filter list by data queried from language files.

VM multilanguiage feature allows you to create multilanguage data for each product and this includes metakeys.

This is how you must use it. if you want users to have products lists filtered by keywords.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
4 years 5 months ago #43897 by pixed
Hi and thank for the reply, unfortunately i can't understand how to proper use the component in multilanguage environment.
I've used virtuemart multilanguage featured and inserted italian metakeywords in italian panel and english metakeywords in english panel but in frontend i always get the italian metakeywords even if I change the frontend language.
As "language string" you mean the joomla language constants? Like COM_SOMETHING_WORD ? I'm not using them.
These are the metakeywords:

Italian: www.pixed.it/att/italiano.JPG
English: www.pixed.it/att/inglese.JPG

And this is the frontend (translated but with originals metakeywords)

Frontend: www.pixed.it/att/frontend.JPG

Am I missing something?
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds