Eastern European accented letters

More
4 years 1 week ago #44362 by kontraszt1997
The earlier version does not handle Eastern European accented letters. Does this new version already know Hungarian accented letters, for example?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #44763 by baggeler
Hi,
Did you ever got any response to this (maybe offline)? Im using portuguese and its the same issue Id like to know if its worth going down the road with this component if issues are resolved and renew it or if its dying with no more real improvements.

More
3 years 7 months ago #44775 by nordmograph
Can you share here the letters or words to be tested as tags?

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 7 months ago #44781 by baggeler
Sure!
In my case I had issues of tags including çãâéõĺ and a few others. Best practice in programming is to substitute all these characters with the "basic" character like camoi etc. I even use myself this technique this in excel sometimes to be able to improve search results and other functions... Heres just an example to understand what I mean

=if(O8="","",isnumber(match("*" & LOWER(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(lower(O8),"ó","o",1),"õ","o",1),"á","a",1),"ê","e",1),"í","i",1),"é","e",1),"ã","a",1),"ç","c",1)) &"*",Substitute(H8,"-"," "),0)))

Btw another related issue is a bug in your tool which breaks when some keyword contains a dash like beija-flor or amor-infinito....

Both issues have highest impact also in their path where keyword is broken by escaoecodes and thus loosing all its seo value which is top reason for it in first place...

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds