better urls for tags

More
3 years 8 months ago #44727 by meysamh66
hello nordmograph,

i like to create better sef urls for tags, the urls currently appear like this: "component/vm2tags/productslist/tag-name?Itemid="
there are 2 options at the component ("Virtuemart Products Menu Itemid" and "VM2tags Menu Itemid") ,
i don't exactly know how to use them properly. also there are one option for creating a menu item from the component called
"Invisible Tag List menu Item"

can you explain me with an example what these options do and how they relate to each other?
and can i change the "component/vm2tags" at the url for example to "/product-tags/" ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #44762 by baggeler
Replied by baggeler on topic better urls for tags
Did you ever get any response to this - maybe offline?

More
3 years 6 months ago #44833 by baggeler
Replied by baggeler on topic better urls for tags
Anybody else ever sucessful in creating SEF urls with vm2tags and any 34d party tool?
Can you share any insights?
Seems like this issue is not considered a support topic so hope to get some help from anyone wich solved?

I do have exacly same issue and using vm2tags for years now but allways pushed this issue in front of me without solving but now that I have hundereds of other issues on our ecomerce site, vm2tags is remaining as the "last major issue" meaning a single issue generating hundreads of SEO flags and warnings. I really hope to find any workaround solution as I invested lot of time to make vm2tags work smoothly and easy to assign tags (with custom developed component as no such thing is included).

Time to create page: 0.320 seconds