[solved] Whats correct way to hanle multi word tags?

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #44765 by baggeler
I have lots of multi word tags?
I tried using space first and found that the path fills the pace with some escape coding e.g. "Amor Infinito" turns into something like "Amor%xxInfinito" in your path...

Then I tried "amor-infinito" however seemss like your component is cutting everything after "-" so in the tag its shown as "amor-"
Am I doing something wrong or is there just a better way to name the tags properly so to have propper seo improvement.?
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by nordmograph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44774 by nordmograph
You should be able to insert your tags with white space.
just like here ('Product tags' or 'tag cloud')
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...oduct-tags&Itemid=58

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44782 by baggeler
As I mentioned the space is breaking the path and thus eliminating one of the most powerful seo sources if not handled properly. And there are words in like beija-flor which have to have the dash but are broken also as you cut out the second part.... btw words with dashes exist in most languages and should be able to be handled properly by your code else if you ignore it becomes obsolete.

I loved your app when I started with it but as all software if not updated its loosing customers every day...

More
3 years 8 months ago #44783 by nordmograph
Can you share a url with it?
On my setup the space is replaced by a dash.
I guess the issue could be resloved quickly in the router.php file.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44834 by baggeler
This is just to note that this issue has been properly resolved, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds