Bug in product feed - How to turn feed off

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #44809 by baggeler
Seems like there is some feed implemented, which Id like to turn off. Can you specify where or how to turn this feature off as its creating issues with our SEO and also creating some strange weird (corrupt?) paths as you can see below. We found this by testing our whole site with crawler

www.orgonite-brasil.com/component/vm2tag...mat=feed?format=feed

I dont think this is normal behaviour and I dont need any feed anyways so turning off sems to be fastest and easiest solution.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by baggeler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44814 by nordmograph
Hello,
You can remove the file at:
component/com_vm2tags/views/productslist/view.feed.php

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44824 by baggeler
Hi NOrdmonograph,
Thanks for the first tip which I did, i.e. I removed the file you mentionned however I think the problem starts one level deeper as still the crawler is finding hundreds of pages related to feed (all same links as I mentioned above) and the problem persists.
I guess I need to remove this one level deepen in the code where this links are generated in first place right? Can you point me to the place in code I should modify to get this solved?

More
3 years 8 months ago #44826 by nordmograph
Hi,
There is no deeeper call in the component.
Joomla is processing feeds whenever a view.feed.php is called.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
3 years 8 months ago #44831 by baggeler
Hi Nordmonograph,

Ok, you say "There is no deeeper call in the component.
Joomla is processing feeds whenever a view.feed.php is called.
"

So I removed respectively renamed the view.feed.php to xxxview.feed.php so the call cant be done any more. Nevertheless the crawler is finding "something" in the source which - from perspective of browswer seems to be a LINK in the main page which is dedected and reported as a feed link (even if it cant open the view any more). Do you understand what I mean?
In other words, the crawler is in a room (tag page) and in this rooms code is a door (probably now link without anchor), which is pointing to another room which does not exist any more however is recognizable from the present page as some feed link. Thats all I know or can say so far.

Can you tell me the place where this "door" respective hyperlink/call can be found so I can check if we can disable the call directly in code to solve the issue?

Do you want to check on our site to understand?
I guess if the crawlwer sees this somehow and reports hundereds of these links so its probably a call done in each vm2tag view?

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds