On Status of ordered products in VirtueMart

More
9 years 6 months ago #24437 by suiato
Thanks for the detailed instruction for installing Buy Points with Virtuemart. I've followed it and it's working :cheer: I have a question as follows:

"Status of ordered products" remains "Pending" while "Order Status" is "Confirmed" as shown in the attached screenshot. The order was to buy AUPoints thru PayPal (sandbox) . The PayPal transaction was successful, and I confirmed that the user received the points in his account.

Is the above pending status normal, or should I change something in my configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24438 by suiato
In my previous post, the attached file seemed missing... This time I insert it below.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24439 by suiato
Sorry, but it seems I cannot attach or insert the screenshot (.png file).

More
9 years 6 months ago #24441 by nordmograph
Hello Suiato,

When adding a file you must click somewhere in the text area and click the 'inert' button.

In the paypal payment plugin options you can select what the are order status to be set for successfull or failed transaction. This is the first place to look at. Hope it helps.

Let me know

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
9 years 6 months ago #24444 by suiato
Thank you for your reply, nordmograph.

The problem is somehow resolved after setting a rule for NST Order2Mail for Virtuemart although I don't know exactly why. That is, after a PayPal transaction, both of the order status and the status for ordered products have the status "Confirmed".

What I did was:
I remembered that I had installed NST Order2Mail for Virtuemart, and hadn't made a rule because I had a problem. But, the problem is resolved, and a rule to send a mail to the vendor was created using the plugin.

Now, after confirmation, a mail is sent from the vendor (seller) to the user (buyer) as set in the PayPal payment method configuration, and another mail is sent from the administrator to the vendor as set in the rule in NST Order2Mail for Virtuemart.

So, the problem I initially stated is resolved. But, there's another question I have to ask regarding a subsequent procedure:
When the vendor change the ORDER STATUS in Vendor Dashboard from "Confirmed" to "Shipped", the Order Status of the order item in VirtueMart -> Orders stays "Confirmed", and the "Status of ordered products" changes to "Shipped".

Isn't there a confusion between "Order Status" and "Status of ordered products"? Because the "ORDER STATUS" in the vendor dashboard changes the "Status of ordered products" (instead of "Order Status") in the backend order item.

I think changing the "Order Status" in the vendor dashboard should change the "Order Status" in the backend order item, instead of changing the "Status of ordered products". Isn't it right?

Perhaps, the reason I have the above question is due to my lack of understanding of the payment/shipment workflow. What I had in mind was simple:
  1. A customer orders.
  2. The order is pending.
  3. The customer pays.
  4. The order is confirmed.
  5. The vendor ships.
What's not working in my case is the last procedure as I stated above.

Perhaps I should put the question in another way:
What is the role of "Status of ordered products" in payment/shipment workflow?

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #24446 by nordmograph
Good thing you solved your first issue.
For the order status question,
No there is no confusion, as you got it, order status and order item status are 2 different things.

As an order can contain products from various vendors, a vendor can not changes the order status, only the payment method (or site admin) can. Vendors can only change their own products (order items) status.

Hope it helps.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by nordmograph.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suiato

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds