Feature request: option to use different component for order editing

More
6 years 10 months ago #38811 by Marttyn
Hi!
I use your module, and its grate to see at a glance all the order information from your VM store.

But for invoice and order managing i use a different component, called Artio VM Invoice 3 which allows to generate invoices and create/edit orders much more easily and customized.
Your module links to VM order list when you click on Orders button (top left), and links to VM order edit when you click on the order number. Of course!
But ive made a template override to link Order button to VM Invoice3 orde list, and the order number link to VM Invoice3 order edit.
This template override is very easy to do, but if you update your module with new features, then my override would be outdated.
It would be nice to have 2 extra fields we could setup, so there is no need to override:
  • Order list link: an alternative link if we use different VM manager (in my case: "index.php?option=com_vminvoice3&controller=invoices")
  • Order number link: an alternative link if we use different VM order edit (in my case: "index.php?option=com_vminvoice3&controller=invoices&task=editOrder&cid=")

If the fields are empty, then default link to VM would be used.
Do you think this could be useful?

Ive made an extra change to the template override, and its to set the "Latest orders" to be the active tab by default. As its more important to check the status of latest order at first... at least for me. This could be also nice if we could select which tab to be set as default.

And one last thing... Is it possible to disable the "Trend" bar? In my case Sells/Trend and Orders/Trend is always the same, so i dont get what is it for :dry:

Regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds