VM2Wishlists and Jomsocial

More
11 years 3 months ago #16232 by nordmograph
sent

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #16237 by martinajordan
Thank you. It is getting better :) but there are still some problems.

Visiting the user´s own profile:
The user is able to see the products in his own lists (private, friends only, public) now.

But when opening his own "friends only list" there is also displayed this error message:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/xtzivpni/public_html/orfafa.com/components/com_vm2wishlists/views/list/tmpl/default.php on line 82
(But the products are showing up.)

When visiting a friend´s profile, the following happens:
All three lists show up
The pubic lists opens and products are displayed correct.
The owner only lists opens but the products are not shown, instead there is a message: This is a private list.
The friends only list opens and there is a message:
Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/xtzivpni/public_html/orfafa.com/components/com_vm2wishlists/views/list/tmpl/default.php on line 82
No products are shown (They should show up because the user visiting is a friend of this user) and there is a message:
This list is only shared with firends of its owner.

I think there is still something wrong with code for the friends only list.

I also wonder if it would be possible to show only the lists that the user visiting can actually open? It is a little bit strange for me to see a private list button when visiting a stranger´s profile. Wouldn´t it make much more sense to have the button´s displayed in this way:
Visiting own profile: Buttons to all list are displayed
Visiting friends profile: Buttons to public list and friends only list are displayed
Visiting strangers profile: Only button to public list is displayed

What do you think? Does it make sense? Would it be possible to make this change?

All the best,
Martina

More
11 years 2 months ago #16240 by nordmograph
Hello

Yes I understand and the change you ask has to be made in the profile module.
I'll do it.
A fix for the warning you get:
open
components/com_vm2wishlists/views/list/view.html.php
Look for
Code:
$user = JFactory::getUser();
and add after:
Code:
$this->friends = $this->get('friends' );
It should fix it.
Let me know.

- Need help? Post the URL of the related page (eventualy as confidential info), it will help solve your issue faster.
- An error, notice or warning? report the exact message including the line number
- If you get a white page , enable error reporting and / or check your server error logs.

More
11 years 2 months ago #16242 by martinajordan
I made the change you suggested and the error message is gone now. It looks as if everything is displayed right now with one exception: Visiting a friend´s profile I still can´t see the items in the friends only list and get the message: This list is only shared with firends of its owner.

Great that you will do the other change, too! I think it makes sense not only for me but also for other People who use the extension.

More
11 years 2 months ago #16244 by nordmograph
Hello

I fixed the friend issues and added privacy check on the Jomsocial module.
Redownload the whole package from your Nordmograph profile and let me know if it got better.

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds